center speaker used in conjuntion w/ belle's

tjnif

Hi, I'm new to this board[:D] and I am (slowly) building up my 'entertainment" center. What would be the best speaker for the center channel?? I'm gonna use some belle's that I have for the sides, Also what about the surround speakers.... The room is 28L X 24W X 8 ft high...... Thanks!

Welcome to the madness!

Another Belle would be the best bet. Not always possible with TVs and such. Other Heritage speakers will work. Some better some worse. You want the front 3 to be as sonically<sp> matched as possible. Do a search here for timbre ( http://forums.klipsch.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=timbre&f=&u= ) and you will have plenty to read. Some to consider are LaScala, but if you can fit that you can fit a belle. Corwall and Heresy are in the same 'family' as well. Any chance you have two nice corners? If so think about khorns with the belle in the center. Snag another belle and have KH/B/KH B/B for the ultimate 5.1 set up.

Good Luck!

Unfortunatley one corner has a closet in the way.....I should probably "seal it shut....I'm sure the wife won't mind......LOL!! Forgive my ignorance but would I be able to lay a cornwall "horizontal" and have 2 Hereseys in the back?? What do you guys think,as i want to do this ONCE!!

Use either 1 one or 2 Heresys for the centre channel. Failing that, if you are not too concerned about timbre match, try one of the Reference series centre speakers - it really doesn't sound all that bad with Heritage. Another option is to use Heresys as centres and buy a pair of Reference surrounds. In fact that may be the best option sound-wise.

Unfortunatley one corner has a closet in the way.....I should probably "seal it shut....I'm sure the wife won't mind......LOL!! Forgive my ignorance but would I be able to lay a Cornwall "horizontal" and have 2 Heresies in the back?? What do you guys think,as i want to do this ONCE!!

There is a rare animal know as a Vertical Cornwall. Somebody will chime in and give you the details, basically it is a Cornwall with the horn turned 90 degrees so it is designed to be horizontal. They go for a pretty penny when you find them. If you got a pair and used one as a center you would have no problems selling the other here. Heresies would make great surrounds (see my signature) and would be my first choice if you don't have the space/desire for 5 Belles. Personally I would try a Heresy center before I went out of the Heritage family.

Are you handy at all? There are several who have picked up a set of heresy and made custom center. This way you get a timbre matched center for your khorn belle or LaScala but get the height/width/depth you desire.

And yes turn that closet into khorn-corner. There is always jewelry to grease the skids!

Keep us posted.

Well, I took matters into my own hands.....(oh brother)! I am an extremist and decided to buy a pair of klipschorns and a set of belles that i recently won on ebay!! Yipee and hooray....!! I will be picking up the belles tomorrow and hopefully the horns will arrive (safely) from florida by Fri. So far I am only in the "stereo mode" and will be running 2 of the "new" Mcintosh MC 2102 tube amps and C1000 or C2200 preamp ....haven't decided yet. Can't wait! Iv'e been collecting 60's "Marshall amps" for years and Vintage guitars as well and I figured that I am probably a better listener than player and shift my focus to the reproduction of music than trying to play it! My wife is glad....wait till she hears me jamming along w/ my faves and Klipsch speakers.......!!