Stuff for Sale: Single La Scala, K-400 Horns, Monarchy SE-100 Monos, Passive Pre

Dirk Diggler

K-400 Horns - I have three available. Two are normal and one I tried to make a smooth surface using Bondo with the intention of painting in a gloss finish. The 3rd K-400 will need to be painted. No drivers. Make offer - I am not sure what they are worth.

Monarchy Audio SE-100 Basic Mono Pair. Excellent sounding Single-Ended Class A. $550

Monarchy Audio Passive Pre / Volume Control for Single Source. $50

Single La Scala - Dark Stained Birch

McIntosh MC240 Tube Cage

Thanks.

I actually used these amps to drive a pair of KHorns that I owned for a short time. I bought them thinking they would be in my HT and 2 channel systems in my new house, but room constraints forced me to sell them and use La Scalas.

They did a fabulous job with a tight, punchy low end. The amps are very smooth and musical for a SS amps. The only downside to these is that they do run hot. I am told that this is usually the case with Class A SS, but this is the only pair that I have owned. Sound-wise, they really are nice little amps.

Unfortunately, I took on too many projects and spent way too much money in '05, so I am forced to sell them.