Taking the HD plunge looking for any and all suggestions

rplace

I have direcTV, cable not available in my area and even if it was I would not switch. I love DirecTV. That said my entire TV house set up is as follows:

-Downstairs Main TV area - DirecTV receiver feeds standard Tivo series 2 box which feeds my A/V system.

-Bedroom - DirecTV receiver

-Dedicated Home Theater - HD projector...but currently no TV at all. It is just used for movies(DVD) and music

I love Tivo in my downstairs system, but there is a delay as Tivo changes the sat box and in turn catches up. From time to time Tivo does not change the channel correctly and I miss a program or have to fiddle with the remote a few times. I curse the standard TV set up in my bedroom every time I go to pause the Tivo and it is not there.

Friday I am scheduled to do the following:

1. Have my downstairs system replaced by a DirecTV/Tivo integrated system. This should give me one device not two and solve my channel changing lag/problems.

2. Have my bedroom box swapped out with the same DirecTV/Tivo unit as the downstairs is getting. Cool Tivo in both locations. Don't really care about recording programs, but pausing live TV is very handy...no additional cost because DirecTV charges a 5.99 Tivo fee no matter how many Tivos you have.

3. Home Theater is getting HD/Tivo/DirecTV box. I will also bet getting another dish. In addition to my current standard DirecTV programming I get my internet service through the same Dish via DirecWay. Not very fast, but faster then dial up. Anyway they tell my you can't get all three (DirecTV, DirecWay Internet and HD) on the same dish.

Anybody have any advice or suggestions before the installer shows up? Anybody done stuff similar to this and wish they had not?