Calling all Motorcyclists (well....and the rest of you lot)

Tom Adams

You know......back when I had my ZX9R (with the usual mods - pipe, jet kit, advancer, Ohlins shock, re-valved forks, etc.) that bike made a solid 145hp. I can honestly say that I never held her open to see what it would top out at. However, when the time was right and road conditions allowed, I saw the far side of 160mph (indicated) many times. But what use to always get me was when someone would come over to the house or I was at a gas station or out on the bike, I'd have someone ask, "How fast will it go?" Generally, I'd say I didn't know and didn't care. That the thrill for me was how quick I could get to a specific mph. (sigh) Alas, I sold it for I got tired of the constant fiddling with the darn thing to keep it in tune. Besides, I can darn near go as quick in the twisties on my FJR1300 as I could with it. Oh - and the darn bike had a terrible habit of the front tire coming off the ground. [6]

Tom