Movie Companies are causing angst among early Hi-Def Adopters

picky

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You expect Pioneer and Sharp to come up with some magic box to fix a non-exsistant problem? The products work fine, and when they came out, these issues were non-exsistant. You should know better.

Ken: You are correct on one point; my units continue to perform as expected as they were purchased three years ago. That is not what I am taking issue with. Instead, it is a matter of customer loyalty (ethics). I do not expect Sharp or Pioneer to come up with a free fix that customers such as myself are entittled to receive. However, what I do expect, is for large companies such as Sharp and Pioneer, to do the responsible thing and design retrofittable devices that bring their fairly new devices back into connection compliance for a nominal cost to past customers. Non-compliance is not a "non-existant problem".

For example: Pioneer's current top-of-the-line, Flagship receiver that is for sale is the Elite model VSX-59TXi at $4,000. One would be lead to think that because of what is is, it should be ready to go and be compliant with EVERYTHING! It DOES NOT have HDMI or DVI connection compliance. Yet, their $1,500 VSX-74TXVi does have the complince as does their $1,200 model VSX-72TXV. Do you feel Pioneer should do anything for the poor unknowing slobs who buy that device in the store this afternoon? I certainly feel they have an obligation to their cutomers. Because its the right thing to do. Otherwise, they'll be out of business before you know it. And, I am willing to bet that some unscrupulous stores out there are not willing to voluntarily tell prospective VSX-59TXi buyers about the above disparity unless the customer asks point blank about it. Heck the stores don't want to get stuck with these devices either. You should know that; you work at Best Buy, not to imply they are unscrupulous.