RossVTaylor Thanks!

BigBusa

I wanted to thank you for posting that great info on contacting Ubids President Greg Jones. They are trying to screw me out of $46 and the customer service dept.(if you can call it that!?) said they can't help me.

I would still order from the internet even with all these aggrivations. Klipschs MSRP for the speaker is $600. I got it for $249! Are the current aggrivations worth $350 ...? To me, YES!

I was offered free shipping during a phone call by customer service rep at Ubid on MY Klipsch KLF-C7 because of the long wait for them to ship out. When it did finally arrive I notice they charged me for shipping anyway! Their communication between warehouse and CS dept. is terrible.

Here's the mail I recieved from them yesterday. Their dates in it about ordering and shipping are incorrect.

"Thank you for contacting uBid. We apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced with Order Number b5969268. Normally, we ask our customers to allow 7-10 working days for an order to ship. This order was placed on Oct. 1st, and was received on the

13th of October. If a Customer Service Rep. has assured you of a credit, there were no notes made on your account. If you have more information in regards to this matter, please let us know. Since the product arrived in the time we ask you to allow, we are unable

to issue a credit for your shipping charges. We do appreciated your patience and understanding."

cwm23.gif

------------------

I love my KLIPSCH!

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 10-17-2001 at 07:24 AM

Mr. Big,

You'll have to let us know more about your experience! Did you leave a voicemail or an email? Did you get a response? Has the President become tired of getting involved and changed their directory?

Curious minds want to know,

Ross

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

I have left both email and VM messages for mr. Jones. So far he has not responded. I went through the chain of command on the phone yesterday. It took 1 & 1/4 hours though. Frown.gif Thank god for speaker phones! Finally, I got what I was seeking from "Rhonda". The other two customer service reps sounded as if they had been preprogrammed to say no even before I told them my issue. Ubid are flat out not customer oriented. They don't give 2 shitties about you the customer. They just want to sell, sell, sell. I guess that's the way these lowball internet companies work. They are ok with 10 unhappy people because of the 90 people who did not complain. If you happen to be one of the 90 congratulations ...But, If you end up being one of the 10 who get screwed good luck getting the problem resolved without a long, huge battle.

cwm36.gif

------------------

?

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 10-19-2001 at 03:54 AM

Well, Big, if the President's office doesn't respond you can always try the VP of Customer Care (Jason MacLeon) or their Chief Marketing Officer (Kenneth Dotson). I'm sure you can find someone to rectify your problem. If you need any more info on uBid, you can check out their SEC filing.

Good luck to you!

------------------

"Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana."

Thanks Ross.

I just got boned again by UBid. I'm now the proud owner of TWO (yes 2!) Onkyo 787 recievers. I won an auction on the 18th but they didn't send me any mail saying I had won it. I assumed I had lost. "My Page" on Ubid has at least 24 hours lag time before it gets updated so I had no idea I won the auction. On the 19th I bid $589 (which I thought was my max bid on "bid Butler") for the same exact item. They emailed me on that one saying I had won it at $589. The other bidders won the same auction for $80 less! A quick check of my HSBC internet banking page shows that they quickly charged my credit card for both items ($509 for the 18th and $589 for the 19th) even though I emailed them asking them to cancel the 2nd auction.

They tell me now the only thing I can do is call for an RA # within 7 days of reciept of item, for one of the recievers and return it paying shipping (both ways) and a restocking fee.

I'm certainly partially to blame for not totally understanding how Ubid operates but I am feeling they are being a little shady ...Ok, A lot shady really.

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 10-20-2001 at 07:37 PM

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone notice after the recent "upgrade" in UBids phone system you cannot get through to them? It used to be that I'd be on hold for up to an hour before I got a human. Now I get a busy signal every single time I call.

These direct phone numbers that rosstaylor posted will come in very handy these days!

(773) 272-5000 Ask for the customer service desk then ask that person to put you in a "special que" and forward you over to the actual Ubid customer service line. The "special que" puts you ahead of other callers I guess because there was no wait. It works but it may take you 3 or 4 calls to get a human after being transferred from the original operator.

Be persistent. They told me the systems were down and to call back! I asked for a stupidvisor and gave her the business. They will help you after they realize you're not going to go away.

What a F&(ked up company!cwm23.gif

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

HK AVR 510 (reciever - Going back soon!)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV)

Albany.gif

This message has been edited by BigBusa on 11-14-2001 at 09:49 AM

• 4 weeks later...

When the automated operator prompts you enter ext. 3319

You'll generally have less than a 5 minute wait after this instead of the usual hour + on the 1-888 customer service number.

------------------

My system thus far:

1980 Cornwalls (mains)

1990 Heresy II's (rears)

2001 KLF-C7 (center)

2001 KSW15 (Subwoofer)

NOTHING-Thanks for NOTHING UBid!(No reciever)

Kenwood DV402 (DVD)

Sony KV 27V55 (9 year old 27" TV still kickin')

:eyes