Klipsch PREMIER(E) !!!

skrapid3

After finding myself looking at the very same pictures of Klipsch's Premiere line (hint: found them on the homepage of the german distributor) for weeks now I thought to myself we should discuss that exciting product here again. I was looking forward to get some news about the Premier line from CES but was utterly disappointed. I understand that CES was used to launch the new Reference lineup. BUT those new speakers are more of an evolutionary step and will IMHO hardly motivate anybody with an high-end Klipsch setup to rush out and buy them. I'm a (proud) owner of the complete THX2 Ultra setup, which I'm very satisfied with in general. BUT since I saw those pictures of the Premiere line (as it looked by the end of 2005, it is still work in progress I suppose) I was simply awestruck. Most amazing and most beautifull pair of speakers I have ever seen - and I have seen quite a few... I even prefer (the looks of) them over JBL K2 S9800's - and that's quite a statement.

I take it that the Premiere line is still "work in progress" (as it was for the last couple of years...). Nevertheless I have some questions:

- Was there any hint of them at this years CES?!?

- Is at least the design (shown at the german distributor's homepage, sample unit dated August 2005) FINAL? As I said before: Most awesome looking (horn) speaker ever IMHO! PLEASE do not change a thing!!!

- "Stupid" question but any hint about the expected timeframe for the launch would be VERY much appreciated. (CEDIA 2006 would be a great opportunity to launch something like that ;-) ...

- Targeted price range?

- Is any (all) information from the "official" press release from last year still valid?

- ARE THEY COMING for sure, or is even that uncertain at the moment?

- Anyone here ever got in touch with one of those babys?

I'm desperate to get any info/hint/speculation there is?!? THANK YOU in advance!

When we were in Indy last year, they talked to us about it and the line was designed and oriented towards European tastes intentionally. They wanted to market a flagship line that would appeal to Europeans that combined sound and appearance. Apparently European tastes are somewhat more dare I say refined/defined when it comes to that combination. IOW just sounding great is not enough; the box has to look the part as well. One of the main issues of contention brought to our attention is they could not produce a Sub to match visually that would perform sonically. They were looking at a target prince of about $15K. As I said this was a line marketed to the Europeans and it was dying or dead on the vine as they spoke. Now I dont know if they are producing the cabinets for the mains to use over there but if you are talking about those shiny black trash can looking things I am more than content they keep them across the pond.