RF series Impressions!!! Finally!

gedwyn@mpinet.net

Some of you may rmember my posts about getting the RF series in lieu of the KLF 30's. Well my HT is finally done and here is what I have:

1. Yamaha RXV-3000

2. Sony 61hs30 HDTV

3. Panasonic RP-91 progressive DVD

4. Yamaha CD player

5. RF-7 Fronts

6. RC-7 center

7. RS-3 front effects

8. RS-7 Rears

9. RCW-5 rear center

10. 2 Subs- ARS 300 and an older KSW 200

I am comparing this to my older KLF series that I had and the KLF 30.

First Music: Tried a number of cd's. Some sounded

fantastic some just OK. There seemed to be not as much puch as the klf-30's but they did sound much more precise and very very detailed. I think these speakers adhere to the Garbage in Garbage out

principle or Quality in Quality out. The RF-7 seemed to give me EXACTLY what I gave it while the KLF's tended to add a little more emotion I think. Dont get me wrong, I actually like this aspect

of the RF series just not with older bad recordings.

My newer CD's sounded awesome while some of my older stuff was just OK. Again these are very precise speakers. I will say that 8 channel stereo

with the RS-7's are sweet.

Now Movies: This is where these babies SHINE.

The KLF30's may be the rock n roll speaker of choice but for movies the RF series sounded way more detailed and exact which is important for movies. Star Wars: PM is absolutely unbeleivable

with these. I mean that!!! In fact, all my DVD's sounded great. And the surrounds (RS7), are really really effective.

Conclusion: I think these are definately HT speakers and I am very excited to have purchased

them. While music does sound great with them

, to be honest I expected a little punch for music.

which suprises me since they do have tremendous puch with movies.

Thanks go to klipsch for another fine speaker .

------------------

Paul Graber

gedwyn@mpinet.net

Good to know you like the RF-7's,the extra punch does not surprise me.The KLF30's use two 12" woofers VS two 10" mid-bass units.The larger cone surface gives extra punch.

Cant wait to get the RF-7's,HT will be served Klipsch RF style.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Nope RF-7 and RC-7 were "shiped from the Klipsch warehouse" the Klipsch dealer told me.

Next week they say,I heard this story many times now.

Frown.gif

Just today I took the RF-5's and RB-3's to my audio room.I am very impressed by the realism of the Klipsch R series speakers.Even the small RB-3's sound BIG(I used the Krell FPB600),the bass surprised me.On good solid stands driven by a good power amp even the small RB-3's sound fantastic.I used Monster Cable M2.4B cables,these cost more then the RB-3's! LOL

I cant wait,the RF-7's must be very high caliber speakers when driven by potent amplification.

TheEAR(s) Now theears