Proposed car stereo law is just a little over the top.....

mike stehr

yeah but those damn nitro cars have a high pitch about them sorta like a lawnmower in the distant or so that could be annoying.

This depends on the tuned pipe,plastic/composite pipes are quiet...quiet.Its the metal pipes that scream.

I would like to have Colter living close by,I would turn up my audio so loud he would walk over mad,ranting and raving.Then boum a Revel B15 would hit him. [;)]

Oh, would you now?

Sorry I don't get the Revel B15 reference, is that some subwoofer designation or a weapon of sorts?

Michael

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for them.

I'm a homeowner with 100% stone house that sits well back from the roadway. "I'm sick and tired of hearing the BOOM BOOM BOOM of these idiots travelling down my street. "

"I purchased a home on 2 acres so I could play my HT as loud as I wanted without any chance of a neighbor being bothered by it. "

Michael

Still, I have to disagree with this statement. I can still make my house as boomy as I want, as a car that has an SPL system. I don't know why any one can be sick and tired of it. A Subwoofer is a subwoofer, just to let you know. [;)] I Don't mean to be harsh, but even if you get a JL w7, people could still double it to make it sound loud. "I wanted without any chance of a neighbor being bother by it" looks like some people also hate the loud noise coming out from your house.[;)] I DON'T MEAN YOUR HOUSE.

The point is not what type of speaker can make what type of noise.

The point is RIGHTS. You or no one else has the right to intrude on my right to enjoy my home. Period. If I want to play my music loud, that's my right- so long as I'm not bothering anyone else.

If you want to play your car system loud on the open road, that's fine and dandy. BUT DON"T DO IT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD. If I can hear your car stereo inside my home with all my windows up, YOU ARE INTRUDING ON MY RIGHTS.

I have arranged my living situation (the 2 acres and stone house) so as to not disturb others. Can you say the same for your music listening habits?

Now do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Do you want my address? You can come by here blasting your music and I'll drag you out of your freaking car and BEAT YOU WITH YOUR OWN SUBWOOFER!

Michael

No hold up! I don't want to start a fight, Im just trying to prove my point. Now, If I can hear your system in my car, than your intruding my rights is that what your saying? I don't have any problem, cause I got neighbors who blast there home systems and there car systems. IF IM NOT LOOKING OUTSIDE I CAN'T TELL IF ITS A CAR SYSTEM OR A HOMESYSTEM. Lets just say this again a subwoofer is a subwoofer..... And just to let you know if anyone plays there music loud and you can still hear it with your windows up, why don't you just turn up the volume. hmmm I don't know if its just me, but my neighbors don't care if I play my car system or my homesystem loud. And I don't care if they play there system loud as well.

[:P]

Good for them.

I'm a homeowner with 100% stone house that sits well back from the roadway. "I'm sick and tired of hearing the BOOM BOOM BOOM of these idiots travelling down my street. "

"I purchased a home on 2 acres so I could play my HT as loud as I wanted without any chance of a neighbor being bothered by it. "

Michael

Still, I have to disagree with this statement. I can still make my house as boomy as I want, as a car that has an SPL system. I don't know why any one can be sick and tired of it. A Subwoofer is a subwoofer, just to let you know. [;)] I Don't mean to be harsh, but even if you get a JL w7, people could still double it to make it sound loud. "I wanted without any chance of a neighbor being bother by it" looks like some people also hate the loud noise coming out from your house.[;)] I DON'T MEAN YOUR HOUSE.

The point is not what type of speaker can make what type of noise.

The point is RIGHTS. You or no one else has the right to intrude on my right to enjoy my home. Period. If I want to play my music loud, that's my right- so long as I'm not bothering anyone else.

If you want to play your car system loud on the open road, that's fine and dandy. BUT DON"T DO IT IN MY NEIGHBORHOOD. If I can hear your car stereo inside my home with all my windows up, YOU ARE INTRUDING ON MY RIGHTS.

I have arranged my living situation (the 2 acres and stone house) so as to not disturb others. Can you say the same for your music listening habits?

Now do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Do you want my address? You can come by here blasting your music and I'll drag you out of your freaking car and BEAT YOU WITH YOUR OWN SUBWOOFER!

Michael

No hold up! I don't want to start a fight, Im just trying to prove my point. Now, If I can hear your system in my car, than your intruding my rights is that what your saying? I don't have any problem, cause I got neighbors who blast there home systems and there car systems. IF IM NOT LOOKING OUTSIDE I CAN'T TELL IF ITS A CAR SYSTEM OR A HOMESYSTEM. Lets just say this again a subwoofer is a subwoofer..... And just to let you know if anyone plays there music loud and you can still hear it with your windows up, why don't you just turn up the volume. hmmm I don't know if its just me, but my neighbors don't care if I play my car system or my homesystem loud. And I don't care if they play there system loud as well.

LOL

First of all Colter is a tough guy he can sure get out of his house and walk to you and tell you in a very polite way to move out if you are parked in too close making NOISE. Now he has no right to punch you,you could tell him to F off and then his right would be to call the cops and have you removed and fined.

If Colter beats you up using your own sub...then A you are very weak and own a tiny sub and B Colter is martial arts artist or a street brawler(not) and you naive to just sit in the car and wait for him to catch you. [:P]

I got neighbors who blast there home systems and there car systems. IF IM NOT LOOKING OUTSIDE I CAN'T TELL IF ITS A CAR SYSTEM OR A HOMESYSTEM.

Lets just say this again a subwoofer is a subwoofer..... And just

to let you know if anyone plays there music loud and you can

still hear it with your windows up

Just curious at what volume do these people / you listen to their

systems? There should be very little sound transmission between

two detached homes with their windows closed... or even between a car

and home if their windows are closed.

At 115db inside, it is barely audible directly outside my home...

and even less outside my neighboors home a dozen or so feet away.

I believe the car audio problem they are trying to address, are people

"showing off"... cruzing windows open so that their music attracts the

attention of others.

Problem with the law is that it's so vague, it can be easily abused...

ROb

No hold up! I don't want to start a fight,

Im just trying to prove my point. Now, If I can hear your

system in my car, than your intruding my rights is that what your

saying?

Yes - whether or not you choose to waive that right is completely irrelevant

I don't have any problem, cause I got neighbors who blast there home systems and there car systems. IF IM NOT LOOKING OUTSIDE I CAN'T TELL IF ITS A CAR SYSTEM OR A HOMESYSTEM.

Who cares? If a home system is so loud that it's bothering you, then

it's the same infringement of rights. And that is why Colter has a

house with a huge lot....so that he doesn't impinge on the rights of

his neighbors.

Lets just say this again a subwoofer is a subwoofer.....

And just to let you know if anyone plays there music loud and you

can still hear it with your windows up, why don't you just turn up the

volume.

You obviously don't know what it's like to have a dedicated listening

session - and you could use a little bit of music appreciation. Music

happens during the rests and pauses in the music...to have something

out of your control filling that space ruins the music experience. But

you probably have no clue what I'm talking about because of the claim

you just made.

hmmm I don't know if its just me, but my neighbors don't

care if I play my car system or my homesystem loud. And I don't

care if they play there system loud as well.

Again, it doesn't matter if you choose to waive your rights - and it's

not like colter is being an annoying uptight prick. It seriously is

annoying in his neighborhood.

Think of it another way...would you get pissed off if kids ran up to

your house and pounded on the walls and windows? I don't see how its

any different if its sound waves or fists pounding on the house - it's

the same annoying effect. Maybe I should just walk up to you on the

street and blow an air horn in your ear....your argument leads to that

conclusion.

No hold up! I don't want to start a fight,

Im just trying to prove my point. Now, If I can hear your

system in my car, than your intruding my rights is that what your

saying?

Yes - whether or not you choose to waive that right is completely irrelevant

I don't have any problem, cause I got neighbors who blast there home systems and there car systems. IF IM NOT LOOKING OUTSIDE I CAN'T TELL IF ITS A CAR SYSTEM OR A HOMESYSTEM.

Who cares? If a home system is so loud that it's bothering you, then

it's the same infringement of rights. And that is why Colter has a

house with a huge lot....so that he doesn't impinge on the rights of

his neighbors.

And just to let you know if anyone plays there music loud and you

can still hear it with your windows up, why don't you just turn up the

volume.

You obviously don't know what it's like to have a dedicated listening

session - and you could use a little bit of music appreciation. Music

happens during the rests and pauses in the music...to have something

out of your control filling that space ruins the music experience. But

you probably have no clue what I'm talking about because of the claim

you just made.

hmmm I don't know if its just me, but my neighbors don't

care if I play my car system or my homesystem loud. And I don't

care if they play there system loud as well.

Again, it doesn't matter if you choose to waive your rights - and it's

not like colter is being an annoying uptight prick. It seriously is

annoying in his neighborhood.

Think of it another way...would you get pissed off if kids ran up to

your house and pounded on the walls and windows? I don't see how its

any different if its sound waves or fists pounding on the house - it's

the same annoying effect. Maybe I should just walk up to you on the

street and blow an air horn in your ear....your argument leads to that

conclusion.

Correct,

To drive around and blast the sound system in a car in residential areas is ILLEGAL. I called the cops after some junkie parked his trash can blasting some rap crap in fron of our building.Police came and gave him a ticket and the poodle had to disapear.

It is the same as bringing a big sound system in fron of someone's house and blasting garbage.No wonder anyone would get pissed and take action.

LOL

First of all Colter is a tough guy he can sure get out of his house and walk to you and tell you in a very polite way to move out if you are parked in too close making NOISE. Now he has no right to punch you,you could tell him to F off and then his right would be to call the cops and have you removed and fined.

If Colter beats you up using your own sub...then A you are very weak and own a tiny sub and B Colter is martial arts artist or a street brawler(not) and you naive to just sit in the car and wait for him to catch you. [:P]

"Now he has no right to punch you, you could tell him to F off and then his right would be to call the cops and have you removed and fined." I agree with "the fine", but taking away your car is not necessary. But first if that law past about taking away your car, then I would have to totally agree with taking away your house to. Even tho it sounds crazy, its totally Biased! Its the same thing with noise pollution if you blast your home theater system. You can still get a fine no matter what. I have woken up while I was sleeping in the day, because my neighbor was blasting his home theater system. But I didn't call no cops, I just bared with it. Sounds don't really bother me at all, in fact I enjoy if someone has a louder system then mines[Y]. I always turn my system down "house or car" just to listen to the bass hits. Fine just call me the bass freak, everyone does....

Now about my brothers car system and a little about his pc system back in the mainland. My brother hates SPL and always emphasizes me about his SQ. Well what about him, his system is louder than mines, but lacks a lot of bass? He only has an 8in stock woofer in his car and doesn't even turn it up half way. His system is louder than mines of course "with stock speakers" but its a good stock system. But he says that my system can shake the walls for only a single 12". Now my question is......Is his system still counted as Boom Boom? or is it just noise pollution? Now lets see about the pc system, my older bro said he has gotten complaints with his logitech system when his bass was all the way down. I think that would go in the home theater system section.

I don't want to talk about customizing home audio equipment into a car. Because its still noise pollution if its loud.

Anyways Colter im warning you for your safety where I live in Hawaii you better make sure you don't pick on the wrong guy. Because Hawaii is know for fighting for no Point of Reason. Trust me...., even I don't want to fight with the loco people. I used to have a bad temper. But I learned how to deal with it. Fighting used to be fun, but its just makes no sense at all. Ok fine if you want to call us the corrupt island, I don't care. Make the right choice.

If I put a complaint also in that article about hometheater systems, then lets see what happens next. I think they have forgotten about hometheater subwoofers also. But I don't feel like putting a complaint because thats not where I live.

This all adds up Biased for Car audio systems!

You obviously don't know what it's like to have a dedicated listening session - and you could use a little bit of music appreciation. Music happens during the rests and pauses in the music...to have something out of your control filling that space ruins the music experience. But you probably have no clue what I'm talking about because of the claim you just made.

hmmm I don't know if its just me, but my neighbors don't care if I play my car system or my homesystem loud. And I don't care if they play there system loud as well.

Again, it doesn't matter if you choose to waive your rights - and it's not like colter is being an annoying uptight prick. It seriously is annoying in his neighborhood.

Think of it another way...would you get pissed off if kids ran up to your house and pounded on the walls and windows? I don't see how its any different if its sound waves or fists pounding on the house - it's the same annoying effect. Maybe I should just walk up to you on the street and blow an air horn in your ear....your argument leads to that conclusion.

I hope im not misinterpret about the differences of a subwoofer.... Oh and another thing, how are you going to call the cops if they just past by [blasting the music] and not staying in your neighborhood. I hope you have good eyes looking at the licence plate.

Posted Image

Ok THX, breathe in, breath out. Better?

First, I agree with your point about there being no difference between obnoxious home systems and obnoxious auto systems.

My point is simply this: If the sound emanating from anyone's property intrudes in the rights of another to enjoy QUIETUDE or his own music (at whatever level), that is irresponsible. You see, I don't want to have to turn my system up. First of all, music and movies contain moments of silence which are also part of the recording or soundtrack. So trying to overwhelm the intruding noise is a pointless excersize.

Perhaps I'd like to enjoy my property by reading or silently meditating. If my neighbor in his home or a stranger driving by intrude on the peace of my home in any way (stereo, leaf blower, gunfire, Harley without muffler), I consider that as an act against me. Yes, I'll try to talk it out peacefully first. Then maybe call the cops.

But what to do about the increasing onslaught from these massive car audio systems? Can't hardly pull em over and have a chat now, can I? Should I follow them home and have it out? I've tried having a sheriff issue speeding and 4-way stop violations since these same guys always seem to be in such a hurry. But that's only a temporary fix.

Please understand where I am coming from. I had to move from my family farm home (owned by my great-grandparents since 1936) because Amish neighbors started a buggy factory and ran a diesel motor outdoors and unmuffled for 12 hours a day. The sheriff, zoning board, courts would not do anything to rectify the situation.

So I've lost BIG TIME in the noise wars. It will not happen again.

The 'threat' to violence toward you was meant in kidding. But I'm truly afraid of what I might do some night when some idiot comes blasting by here. Because I am crazy and I have a psychiatrist that will say so.

So, lets all calm down, turn it down a bit, and just be a little bit caring about the other guy instead of trying to fight it out. It's an increasingly noisy world. With ipods, muzak and the like, we are facing a barrage of noise 24-7. Peace and Quiet is harder and harder to find in modern life.

Please, can't we all just get along?

check out the Noise Pollution Clearinghouse at http://www.nonoise.org/

Oh, and thanks for the backup/translation DrWho, you DO understand!

Michael

A treatice by the Noise Pollution Clearinghouse

Protecting the Commons:

Our effort to control second-hand noise is part of a greater

effort to protect that which is held in common by the public from

exploitation, abuse, and degradation. Other efforts to protect the

commons are concerned with protecting our public lands and parks;

air, airways, water, and waterways; habitat, species, and

bio-diversity. What these efforts share is the recognition that our

well-being is enhanced when the commons is used to maximize

opportunities for everyone, and degraded when the commons is used to

maximize profits or opportunities for a few, or to maximize only a

few opportunities.

Some individuals and businesses feel that they have a right or the

freedom to use a common resource in any way they see fit. Perhaps

these people are mistakenly extending their own private property

rights to that which is publicly owned or cared for and not

exclusively their own. Perhaps they do not realize what most of us

learned on the school yard years ago: "that my right to swing my fist

ends at your nose." Or, perhaps they do not recognize the soundness

of our parallel claim "that my right to create noise ends at your

ear." In any case, these people are acting as bullies, claiming

rights and freedoms that are not theirs while degrading resources

that are ours.

Polluting the commons is not a right. Our effort to reduce noise

pollution is similar to other efforts to reduce pollution and

reassert our collective stewardship over the commons. Whether the

issue is second-hand smoke, elevated mercury levels, or ground level

ozone, the strategy is to protect the environment and our health and

well-being by creating an ethic of the commons.

In seeking to advance an ethic of the commons, we first need to

recognize that competing uses that exclude other uses of the commons

or damaging uses that detract from other uses are not wise uses of a

public good. The commons should be used in as many non-competing,

non-damaging ways as possible. Noise, like many other pollutants,

precludes many enjoyable uses of the commons and is not a wise use of

the commons: loud late night parties, early morning garbage pick-up,

or aircraft take-offs trump sleeping, reading, working, or listening

to music.

We are seeking to improve human well-being by establishing an

ethic for the commons that allows for as many non-consumptive and

non-rival uses of the commons as possible. Human well-being is

enhanced when individuals or groups such as the Noise Pollution

Clearinghouse succeed in two ways: first, by minimizing damaging uses

of the commons, and second, by maximizing the opportunities for

non-competing uses. With respect to noise, help us by spreading the

message that good neighbors keep their noise to themselves.

Noise is unwanted sound. The derivation of the word "noise"
says it all - it comes from the Latin word "nausea,"
meaning "seasickness." As its name suggests, noise has
many unpleasant and harmful effects. It can cause hearing loss,
stress, high blood pressure, sleep loss, lost productivity, and a
general reduction in the quality of life and opportunity for
personal and collective tranquility.
In the words of former U.S.
Surgeon General William H. Stewart, "Calling noise a nuisance
is like calling smog an inconvenience. Noise must be considered a
hazard to the health of people everywhere."

stressed.jpg Noise
is among the most pervasive pollutants today, and the problem is
getting worse. In pre-industrial times, the loudest noise was
thunder. Today, however, we are continually exposed to louder and
more frequent sounds. Noise from automobiles, aircraft,
construction equipment, manufacturing processes, lawn mowers, and
boom boxes-to name just a few sources-are among the unwanted
sounds that are routinely broadcast into the air. And new sources
of noise constantly present themselves. Leafblowers and jet skis

are just two examples of noise sources that did not exist until
very recently.

But the presence of noise in
our natural, rural, and urban environments is not just a
nuisance-it's a health hazard.

For example:

• Noise is a biological stressor that has negative effects on
    the entire physiological system, contributing to elevated blood
    pressure, and changes in blood chemistry.
  • Noise is the leading cause of hearing loss, and for the 28
    million Americans who have hearing problems, noise makes
    communication even more difficult and frustrating. Moreover,
    much of the hearing loss that people associate with aging is
    actually caused by noise exposure.
  • Noise causes sleep disturbances, which cause a host of
    problems, including reduced job performance, mood changes, and
    increased risk of automobile accidents.
  • Noise negatively affects one's ability to learn and
    concentrate.
    Studies have shown decreased reading ability and
    scholastic performance of school children exposed to noise.
    Another researcher recently found that noisy classrooms
    encourage children to tune out not only extraneous noises, but
    also the teacher, leading to attentional and/or behavioral
    problems. Studies of adults show poorer performance of complex
    tasks in noisy environments.
  • Noise renders us less tolerant of frustration and numb to the
    needs of other people, further reducing our quality of life and
    the civility of society.

From Noise Pollution Clearinghouse 2002

In a small victory for Peace and Quiet, and a

larger one for civility, SONY corporation has stopped using its

trademarked slogan "Disturb the Peace" to sell its dangerously

loud car stereos, amplifiers, and speakers. In addition, a number of

communities have adopted boom car standards.

Thank you very much for your

overwhelming help in this campaign. Your letters to SONY chairman and CEO

Howard Stringer helped reign in corporate misbehavior.

We still have a long way to go. Boom

cars still shake windows and walls, wake neighbors, cause car accidents,

and injure the hearing of car occupants, but one less corporate giant is

encouraging bullies to break the law and disturb the peace.

Oh arthur arthur is english your second language? Man oh man some times I cannot follow all the slang you use. Parle vous Francaise?

Little Jay ,english is not even my third language.And it's Parlez vous Francais. Ok

On a side note,nothing to do with any poster here...I HATE THE NEW FORUM,hate it.Whoever designed it should be jailed and sued.