FS: Industrial La Scala's on Ebay

carolinacat

I dont know they seller or have any affiliation with him, And sorry if someone else has posted this.

I have spoken with the guy and he has 10 pair of them. Yes 20 La scala's. The guy works for a symphony that went out of bussiness. He said that they were purchased between 87-88 and they rarely used them except for outdoor events. He described them to be in great condition and everything working. The pair listed on the internet is a test sort of to see what they wil bring then hell take offers on the remaining 9 pairs. I was thinking of getting 4 pair from him but being there quite a distance from me, I have decide to just make some.

I email the seller and he responded within a day and gave me a phone # to reach him at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-of-Klipsch-La-Scala-Professional-Audio-Speakers_W0QQitemZ7386774625QQcategoryZ47094QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I dont know they seller or have any affiliation with him, And sorry if someone else has posted this.

I have spoken with the guy and he has 10 pair of them. Yes 20 La scala's. The guy works for a symphony that went out of bussiness. He said that they were purchased between 87-88 and they rarely used them except for outdoor events. He described them to be in great condition and everything working. The pair listed on the internet is a test sort of to see what they wil bring then hell take offers on the remaining 9 pairs.

Ok, so if we have any brains at all... let's all not bid on this pair and run up the price[:)]. 9 pairs should leave plenty for all of us and I sure would like a pair of those beauties for the outdoor party season.

That's what he told me too in his email reply to me Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:19 AM CST, and I figured that I would wait and see what happens with the first pair too.

EDIT: Whoops....last time I checked the bid was $200.00.....looks like another classic Newbie bidding war on these at $760.00 with 2 days to go. I am out. If the Dumbbells would have read his listing, they may have had the wisdom to wait for the others to bid. Now this seller will not be interested in a package deal.

$1200 isn't terribly out of line for Split LSI's fibreglass/aluminum trim. Just confirm whether all components are original and operate correctly. I've seen these between $700 and $1600 per pair.

If the wrong brand woofer is installed (as happens with units that have hard road use), it's probably 8 ohm vs the 4 ohm K43 so the low/hi balance will be off.

Well, I drove over 5 hours one-way (to Detroit, Picky-Land) to pick up one pair, but they were in showroom condition. Not a scratch. That's the pair I gaver $1450 for.

The ones currently on ebay show considerable road use. I agree with not paying top dollar and making the drive.

The Forum member considering purchasing the entire lot and selling them off to Forum buddies has the right spirit. If only the seller would go for such an arrangment!

M