RF3II VS RB-5 VS Heresy II

klipschlover

Am planning to upgrade home theater setup, starting with the R/L front channel speakers. Between the RB-5's, RF-3II's and Heresy II's, which speakers would be best suited for this purpose? Of course, listening to music is at least equally as important as using them in my home theater system. Already own KSC-C1 center channel speaker (my only Klipcsh so far!) Will upgrade surround speakers next as budget allows. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and opinion cwm7.gif

This message has been edited by klipschlover on 10-21-2001 at 07:22 PM

Lets tackle the first obstacle... your center channel will not exactly be a match for any of the possibilities you have listed. That being said, between the RF-3's and the RB-5's - Do you have a space limitation? If you do not, the better of the two would be the RF-3's. I have also owned Heresy's, so I think I can speak about those as well. The Heresy has a much different sound than either of the Reference series. The Reference series compared to the Heresy can best be described as more laid back. The Heresy is a more in-your-face type of sound.

I hope this all makes sense. All three of these speakers sound great in their own right. The RF-3 has more bass presence than the RB-5 and the Heresy has more in-your-face sound than the other two, but does not have the bass response that the Reference series has. All are very accurate speakers! I guess my point is that you have to decide what is most important and narrow your choice from there. The best thing to do, would be to go listen to all three. If you lived close to me, I would even give you a chance to compare...

------------------

RF-3's : mains

RC-3 : center

RS-3's : surrounds

KSW-12: subwoofer

Receiver: Denon 2801

DVD: Panasonic DVD-A120

CD: Yamaha CDC-765

Cables: Tributaries

Sat Receiver: Hughes Direct-TV DD5.1

-------------------------

Family room: