Has RSW "Left The Building"?

Duderanch

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! "Forget the tools Spicoli, my Dad's system Rocks."

First of all, let me tell you that I am new to the audiophile scene, but this completes my system.

Watched "Swordfish" this past weekend as an initial trial and was totally impressed. I have read some negative reviews on this website regarding Klipsh Subs and I am glad to say that I have nothing but accolades to add about this awesome sub. Yes it is twice as big as my pooch, but it is something you have to grow into. My wife could not believe the way the couch shook during "The Matrix" (I could not help but think about the scene in Howard Stern's Private Parts when she said that).

The only thing that I am afriad of is that my dog may need some psychological help!!!

All kidding aside, this monster makes my system an absolute terror.

Awaiting a digital camera, should have pics by Friday.

RF7s

RS7s

RC7

RC7 (rear)

RSW15

Onkyo DS 787

Sony DVP S570D

Sony 35 inch TV

hey, klipschkid, by the way, the somewhat mitigated (let's put it that way) comments you might have read about Klipsch subs on this board only concern the KSW line, which doesn't offer as much boom for the buck as some of their competitors (sorry Klipsch!) or the ill-fated "superior" line that had so many leaking problems (if I remember correctly).

KlipschKid,

Just wait till it's broken in!

I got one of those ill-fated high end Klipsch subs - the LF-10, and once it got repaired, it sounded okay, but I have to say that breaking it in made all the difference in the world. It takes a long time for those heavy rubber woofers to break in - so if it sounds good new - hurry now and earthquake proof your house!

My LF-10 sounds pretty good now, not great or special, but very good. It wasn't much when I got it, but it's very competant and I can't complain (specially at the blow out price on Ubid for $525!). What you have though is a whole different beast.

Congratulations on your Jabba-the-Sub, I couldn't wait to hear your review! Sounds like it's awesome.

OK Clones I have made you wait long enough. Here are some pics. I have to tell you that anyone looking into buying this should have a minimun of 4 acres. The first night I put on Clapton's 24 nights. Not even half the Subs volume and it was enough to get my neighbor out of bed. I felt like telling him to get a new set of windows if they rattle but thought better. Ill post more latter!

Out!

Sabona is a three year old Aussie. He is having some serious issues adapting to his new sub. It weighs twice as much as him. He spent 10 minutes watching Planet of the Apes last night. I Watched new U2 DVD last night and it instantly became my favorite. Do yourself a favor and by it now.

Oh, and the video on the pics is the classic "Caddy Shack"!