amps preamps

jcmusic

We have all decided that the k-horn is king of the speakers, agreed. Now who is king of the amps and preamps? In the less than $3000.00 range. Cleanest and purest is what i'm looking for.

Jay.

I have to say I am quite impressed with my Decware monos(4watts per)for the price to performance ratio they do sing(my setup is unique)they are clean,pure and great for me.

Mine is only one opinion and you will get many others!

Greg

if I had a pair of Khorns in a nice sized family room, tucked neatly in the corners, and 3 grand to spend on amplification and a preamp, and my audio goals were purity and cleansliness of sound, and I did not have the baggage of all the little gems I have picked up on ebay and garage sales over the years, I'd wait for a pair of MC30s with no chrome pitting or a minty Marant 8B, and send them to Craig for an overhaul. If I am lucky, I'll have $200 left over to buy a wire with a volume pot for my pre. If I need vinyl, I'd ebay a little rat from radio shack.

Peace,

TommyK