For Sale: 2 Subwoofers

KCM

Time to put a little effort in to selling a few items that I'm no longer using.

These subwoofers were used with my La Scala's, which are now owned by forum member "tuned4life". They were purchased from a online audio company now defunct. The ~ 3 cu. ft. sealed cabinets are 3/4" mdf except the front baffle is 1-1/2". There is also internal bracing. All corners are rounded and they are finished in a dark gray/black textured paint. The 12" driver is a NHT 1259. Typical plate amp recessed into the back with 180 deg adjustable phase, crossover point adjustment, line and speaker level inputs. One unique feature that is pretty handy is front mounted adjustment knobs for volume and crossover frequency _and_ a remote. makes it easy to tweak from your listening position. Approximately 3 years old but I haven't used them for a year. A few slight blemishes from shipping to me (the shipping box wasn't quite up to the weight of these monsters). No chips, just a slight dent or two IIRC. Nothing you would notice unless you were really looking.

This is the only pic I have right now. I can get some more detailed pics for anyone interested.

Original price was $600.00 each. I got them for $400.00 each since they were closing shop. Asking $225.00 each, or $400.00 for the pair.

post-13956-13819281511278_thumb.jpg

There pretty good, better for audio than HT IMO. The driver alone used to sell for around $150 and the 3cuft sealed box is the proper implementation. It is a very populat DIY woofer and you should be able to find a lot of info on it, just google NHT 1259. You will need some real power for them, a least 200 I would say

Got any specs on those puppies? Amp, FR, physical size. And who actually made them

Thanks

Here's some more info and a couple more pics.....

Approximate dimensions are: 28" H x 17" W x 16" D. The amp probably had a manufacturer ID, but there is a adhesive plate covering that area on the back of the amp now. The plate was put on by AVMS, that's the company I got them from. AVMS had a deal with GR Research supplying finished examples of GR's AV-1 speaker, available at that time pretty much in kit form only. AVMS was also selling these subwoofers to complete the package.

Amp........

post-13956-13819281539658_thumb.jpg