Promedia 5.1 + Audigy 2 ZS = bad center

tech9

I have a problem with my center channel while listening to just normal mp3s or whatever. The center channel has some sort of distortion, I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem. If playing at low volume it plays OK, but at higher volume it has a sort of crack or buzz happening only from the center, all the others sound fine.

When I use my SB Live 5.1 it sounds fine, but other cards that try to emulate the 5 channel from normal mp3s there are problems. I tryed different CMSS 3d modes also, some sound better, but some are worse.

Anyone having the same problem? I also have newest drivers for the card.

Wow that is a great idea. Let me 'listening to stereo in stereo, and surround in surround' while my center channel is still all screwed up.

Great help! Why would I waste all the other channels?

After much testing, its actually a defect in the amp. After emailing Klipsch, they have responded with:

One

thing you could check would be the din plug, which goes from the volume

controller to the sub. If pins are bent or broken this problem could arise.

Im pretty sure that if the pins are bent or broken there wont be any sound. But 1 email responce in a week isnt bad. Yet to recieve another.

Wait a minute, you said:

When I use my SB Live 5.1 it sounds fine, but other cards that try to emulate the 5 channel from normal mp3s there are problems. I tryed different CMSS 3d modes also, some sound better, but some are worse.

But now you say there is a problem with the amp. Which is it? My answer might have been a little smart-assed, but it sounded like you were only having problems when trying to make a 2 channel file into 5.1. It's not totally unheard of to have some distortion when you are altering the sound of the original.

Mine works fine. Good luck with yours.