Anyone here live near West Palm Beach, Florida?

Thumpelstiltskin

Rick, I have been living down here in WPB for about 5 1/2 years now. I'm originally from Michigan (go State!), but came down after college. I love it. West Palm has a great downtown area called City Place with lots of nice restaurants, stores, etc. North Palm Beach just opened up a new plaza which looks very nice too, but the name of it escapes me at the moment. Jupiter feels more "midwest" to me, with lots of mature neighborhoods and a slightly slower pace. Very nice... and very pricey.

The biggest problem with south Florida is real estate. I moved into a townhouse about 2 1/2 years ago, and property has absolutely gone through the roof. It's getting to the point where people are getting "locked" into their current home. (I have been hearing from several friends in the area that sell real estate that the market seems to be leveling off a bit though). If you've got the financial means, I can't imagine you not liking it here. Hope this helps.

Sick

P.S. Just be ready for the summers. Hot is an understatement [:)]

• 2 weeks later...

Thump,

I know of an excellent store in WPB: Audio Advisors. Coming from Delray, I would think its about a 30 minute drive (not bad by south Florida standards lol) and they have just about everything one could think of. I've never purchased anything there, but I have been in once or twice and can tell you the guys there know what they are talking about. I'm almost sure they are authorized Klipsch too. Also, if you are looking for a custom installation or calibrating of equipment, they do that. They are located at Okeechobee Blvd. and Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. Lots of luck.

Sick

Thump,

I know of an excellent store in WPB: Audio Advisors. Coming from Delray, I would think its about a 30 minute drive (not bad by south Florida standards lol) and they have just about everything one could think of. I've never purchased anything there, but I have been in once or twice and can tell you the guys there know what they are talking about. I'm almost sure they are authorized Klipsch too. Also, if you are looking for a custom installation or calibrating of equipment, they do that. They are located at Okeechobee Blvd. and Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. Lots of luck.

Sick

Thanks SM,

We've been really busy, but I'll check them out later this week. It'd be great to see some of the better Klipsch stuff on display. I'll let you guys know if they have anything interesting. By the way........south Florida rocks!! I'll never live in Ohio again!

Rick.

Rick.