lascalas/cornwalls

tuned4life

wife gave me the green light to buy a new pair of lascala raw birch lacquer from audioclassics in vestal n.y.. she gave me her permission on the condition i sell 2 pairs of corns. im probably nuts for doing it but theres just something about brand new in the boxes. sold and deliverd my 1982 cornwall COL's to a member in syracuse today. i listed a very nice pair of cornwall CWO's on ebay tonight (item#5867860002).

post-18012-13819281744628_thumb.jpg

Doug, Thanx for bringing them today. They're a heck of a deal. I was so

excited I got sick lol. When you left we hooked them up in the

warehouse they sound awesome. Plus we could really open them them up in

13,000 square feet. I only turned it up about halfway and that was

plenty loud enough. Then I hooked up the heresy that I haven't packaged

yet and we did a comparision. The heresys were not even close to

matching the cornwalls soundstage and presence. Totally amazing. Once

again thanx! Mark

Congrats on the new babies Doug!

I had a feeling when we spoke that you'd not be able to resist those New In Box LaScalas. That has you up to three beautiful pair of nekkid Birch Beauties, now doens't it? Hope you're not selling ALL the Cornwalls, but I know you had quite a few holding the cabin down. LOL

Michael

I sure hope Audio Classics is charging you less than full retail, they are notorious for being high/over priced. They offer you next to nothing for your gear on trade in, but then resell at top dollar plus! That said I have got a couple of decent deals on used DBX gear from them so I hope they are doing right by you.

If you had any interest in a pair of '78 WO Belle Klipsch instead of brand new La Scala's I would be willing to take your '78 CWO's as partial trade towards them. I am about 6 hours from you in Milton, VT.

I am thinking I want to go back to Cornwalls in the rear, and the best deal I could get on a new pair was $3K which is not enough off retail to sway me.

Yeah Duke, 31/2, thats a ride.... Damn near Erie, PA! I was just there last weekend, and it was clear sailing untill I hit that PA-NY border on 17, and then it was instantaneous, like somebody flicked a switch - WHITE OUT. People that have never experienced the weather in that area have NO IDEA. I glady call home the armpit of the world!!! Are you in construction??