New here with a new Klipsch set-up!

Pats3of4

Hello,

I just found this forum. I am new to owning anything Klipsch. I am using a set-up which consists of the following:

1 pr. of black RF-35

1 pr. of RB-15's

1 RC-25

and a DIY Stryke Audio AV-12 sealed subwoofer with a 270 watt amp.

I am powering these with a Yamaha RX-V1 and have a Sony 46" widescreen with adelphia HD service.

I purchased the speakers on E-bay. My weakness is the center channel but was severely limited by space as the center has to be under 21.5" wide. I would love to upgrade centers-but oh well.

I paid about $1400 for the speakers with shipping-all brand new. I have had JBL S and E series, Infinity SM series, Paradigm monitor series, and Bose. These klipsch are clearly superior to my ears.

Anyway, look forward to learning more about Klipsch and tweaking my own set-up...

That's a great Yamaha receiver you have going for you there! I'm running the RXV2400 into Heritage speakers.

Also on the speaker side, getting matched sets, like the RC35 or RC7 and RB35 as BillH suggested would help balance your system.

Welcome to the Forum. Your checking account is OURS now! [;)]

Michael

Yes, I had the sub ported and sealed it up more due to poor room acoustics. I picked up an HK AVR-635 for the parametric eq feature. The AV12 is a killer sub though. I hope this will help tame some of the boominess. Although it will be difficult to compete with the dynamics of the RX-V1.

After listening to this set-up for a few weeks I wish I could figure out how to upgrade the center to an RC-7. I could place it on top of the entertainment center but it would be 3 ft above the RF-35's.

After listening to this set-up for a few weeks I wish I could figure out how to upgrade the center to an RC-7. I could place it on top of the entertainment center but it would be 3 ft above the RF-35's.

My system is still in boxes currently after a recent move. But prior to the move my RC7 was on top

of my entertainment center, about 6 feet up. I don't think my RF5's are much taller than your RF35's.

I was concerned at first about putting the RC7 so high, but it worked out fine.

Dave

I really am not concerned about a warranty on speakers. I can fix anything that breaks. Parts for the speakers are easily purchased through Klipsch and the liklihood of something going wrong is pretty slim. I have purchased my entire set-up online with a credit card that at least offers fraud protection. Over the past 2-3 years i have done about 300 transactions just from changing and trying new gear. rarely any problems. I have saved %60 off from the MSRP of my current set-up so if I ever had to replace a crossover, etc-that would be ok. Besides my speakers were purchased with original cartons, manuals, spikes, etc-had never even been opened!