RSW-15 not working again

mgman71

ok, i'm posting this for my neibour. His RSW-15 doesnt work again, the green light comes on but amp does not turn on. The amp has been replaced once before and now its out of warrenty i believe. Is there a common problem with those subs? Any components in the amp that need to be replaced or beefed up? He likes the sub but is getting discouraged very quickly. The whole system is klipsch reference series stuff, and a denon avr-5800 with one of them monster line filter things.

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

nate

If the green light comes on, he should check the internal wiring to see if a lead has fallen off between amp and active driver. This should be done with extreme care as dangerous voltages are within reach once the unit is open. I must suggest using an authorized dealer's support for legal reasons. If you or he opens, do so only after the power has been disconnected. Even then, use appropriate care and don't poke around in the amp!

This model has no history of failure. No common failure mode and I know of no unit that has had repeat failure.