Lascala - worth

ancientdude

Whats a perfect pair of La-Scalas worth?

Thanks

Sebastian

Sadly,not enough!

I have a perfect pair(black)well almost and I see similar Scala's go for $1200 average on ebay.Those are the cleanest ones.The ones beat on or in poor condition around $700-$800.Hell sometimes it gets crazy and if your lucky $1500.

I have a pair for sell and dont think I will get what I have into them.I cant figure it out as they are great speakers.Cornwalls do really well but Scala's get no respect IMHO.I understand everyone wants to buy at the cheapest price but come on.The new LaScala's and Im not taliking about the ll's went for around $3500 new the last few years and the ll's are $5500,go figure.

Greg

define Perfect? New LSII are $5500, that would be factory new. That's PERFECT in every way.

So what age LS, finish type, xover, mods, distance from you, etc.

Mint, Near Mint, Very Good, Fair condition, etc.

Most importantly, how will they fit your needs? A pair of Industrials won't do if you need beautiful wood finish for WAF.

I have a beautiful pair of one-owner LSBR's in perfect condition, the original owner applied a very light pleasant stain and three coats of BLO. They have only been moved twice and I've put new AA BEC xovers in them. Total cost to me- about $1000. They were only 2.5 hours away. But then I'm a great shopper and got lucky on these.

Michael

Speaker size is a funny thing. The LS and CW are nearly exactly the same height and width, so the face is just about identical. CW at 15" and LS at 24" is the big diff. That depth makes the LS stick out from walls, take up ALL KINDS of space when toed in, and looking inside that W give a constant impression of the precious real estate they take up.

Of course the Chorus is one teensier, at just slightly taller, but 2/3 the CW width, it presents a much smaller footprint than the LS. If your buddy is a bass lover, he should enjoy the change. That Chorus is very smooth response down low. So make sure to give him an A/B listening demo!

That's why I'm such a CW fan.Best of both worlds. But I did give in and buy some LS, a couple.....

M

You can always use completed auctions on ebay to see.. 700 low is a steal.. most go for 800- 1400. more for better finishes.. I have seen industrials in good shape, like mine, go for 800- 2500 a pair.. depending on shape too. People know what they have here.... on the BB. Good networks and clean, and used in a non smoking house no water stain problems.. They will go for more...

Sound wise the speakers are fantastic. You will need a sub for HT, but the openness of them are wonderful.

Like Colterphoto1 said, today a new pair are 5,500 USD. That's a lot of money. I see these doing nothing but going up in value. Same top end as the K horns.. Easier to place bottom. (if big is ok?)

The advantage IMO of the new ones, for those with money to consider it is, they now look like 5,500 speakers. Klipsch finally did a premium job on the cabinets... and you can tell, they look fantastic. I have seen them up close... a 10+ now looks wise.

So a perfect pair done in the stain you like??? 1500 on up probably.. USD.

I wouldn't let mine go for less than $2K, and even then I would have to be in a pickle.

Mike

Ha ....Mr. Corvette

will pay you ..$200 ... if shippin' ain't too bad ....

hope ya don't have ta sell ...

LOL... yeah I saw that thread. Can't blame the guy really, but don't know if I would go around advertising paying those prices.