Klipsch store on ebay rf 7

tarvy

Hi new here, looking to buy a pair of rf7's. I see klipsch store on ebay runs pairs of the rf 7's refurbished. Wondering whats breaking in them causing them to be refurbished. Klipsh is only giving 90 day warrenty. Not sure if thats the best route and shipping is a killer $250

Hi Dean I'm new here , I see your name mentioned alot . I've been reading many of the posts, learning alot. I would like to get a pair of the rf 7's, klipsch has run 4 or 5 pair in the last month ,here's the klipsch store ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Reference-RF-7-Floorstanding-Speakers-BLK-Pair_W0QQitemZ5869956592QQcategoryZ61378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Now that makes some sense, still dont like the 90 day warranty. The cost with shipping approaches a dealer floor model price with 5 yr warranty . My local dealer doesn't have any. I would have to drive downstate - which is what I should probably do

Tell me more about the mod thing? If its much better and you do it, not much use in a warranty anyway right. what does it cost? I've seen a little in the forum ,the difference it makes . Can someone explain more please. Also I dont see a PM icon for me and I dont see how to turn it on in the control panel. I have my email listed. Thanks, Dan

Hi Dan,

The mod...crossover network mod was well worth a couple hundred bucks since I didn't have 3 or 4 thousand to spend on a high quality amp at the time. Sorry I can't exactly remember what the difference was but it was BIG. I paid $2200.00 for my 7's and they are still worth it to me.

I clicked on your name and it lead me to a link to your eMail and it looked like it was functional.

So the mod is like $200? and I'm sure by doing it you void your warranty. Which is ok if I were to buy the rf7's from klipsch ebay. I have recently purchased a vintage fully restored pioneer sx-1250, 160 watts per ch. Compared to my early 90's HT receiver(105 watts in 2 ch mode) the sx-1250 is so rich ,the sound stage is amazing. My infinity ILS 40's with M&K dual 10 in sub are ok but I want to go better now. From what I've read the rf7's are the ticket, I've only heard the 3's and to for the money there was not alot of difference from the setup I have

"The mod...crossover network mod was well worth a couple hundred bucks since I didn't have 3 or 4 thousand to spend on a high quality amp at the time."

Pat -- no amount of gear upgrading, regardless of the amount of money you throw into them -- will bring to the table what a network upgrade does -- period.