Klipsch Heresy

vnicolas

An 84 Heresy would be what I call a 1.5 with the original woofer and tweeter, a newer mid and crossover.

The Heresy II (circa 85) has the newer style binding posts, same mid as yours, different woofer and tweeter.

If you want the sound to match you need an original or a 1.5 ,a good amp can run two pair of these as well.

My '78s and '81s both have the binding posts (screw type) on the top...I think it had something to do with who built them (really) as I have seen originals (as evidenced by the rear tags) with the posts at the top and the bottom (not on the same back [;)]) then the "cup" style came in with the "IIs"...

Bill

Best match is going to be another 1984, or maybe 1983, Heresy (barrier strips) because the squawker driver is different that earlier Heresys and the tweeter is different that the Heresy IIs (terminals in round or square recessed cup). Any Heresy with a K-53-K or K-52-H squawker driver will be a sonic match.