question for you who have AL K Xovers in KHorns/Belles

steve

Like I need something else to tinker with! I've tried changing the squawker taps from the "correct" -6.2db setting (x-4) to the setting -10.4db (x-3) and everything in between..all have their merits..at the "correct" setting I get more detail, but at the other end of the scale I get more bass, as the squawker is "repressed" a bit. Sounds better at higher volumes IMHO.

My room is still my most troublesome issue (I'm dealing with it, slowly but surely) but where do you guys have your squawker taps set?

Thanx,

Steve

I printed the guide for the various settings and left it behind the left speaker. Every once in a while I'll change the setting, mark the date and leave it there until the next time I want to tweak it a tad. The only settings I didn't like were at the extreme ends of the scale. I'm not sure what the current setting is; it might be time to change it to something else. My room does have some slight resonance at around 160hz... sometimes that bothers me if I let it.

Woo

IIRC I played with this a lot at first and then gave up...I ended up with the stock setting on my k-horns simply because every time I got the mid where I wanted it in relation to the bass the tweeter was out of whack...I think if I could pad down the tweeter I would lower the mid down a notch (as originally posted) to emphasize the bass/mid side a bit...without the pad I have to leave the mid where it is...tony