Question About Bi Wiring

collin_n4

I have a question about bi wiring my front speakers. I have the F-3s and I think I want to bi wire them. I've looked at different places on the internet and it seems like a good idea. My question however is how I should go about it. The web sites say to hook both wires to the same post on my receiver. I was wondering if there would be any added benefit if I, for instance, attached the tweeter cables to the "A" speaker set terminal and the woofer cables to the "B" speaker set. There was someone that told me that in doing this, it would furthermore separate the signals allowing for better, fuller sound. I see no benefit but was still curious. I would appreciate it if anyone out there that knows for sure could please let me know. Thank you.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

With either configuration, it is dubious that bi-wiring will alter the sound.

Why not spend the time & energy in moving your speakers & chair around to find the perfect spot. With that done, spend some effort on learning about room acoustics. My two suggestions are will provide real gains for improving the sound.

Good Luck,

-Tom

In theory it should work but in reality its like .0000001 difference.

Everything looks better when you narrow the range. Take for example the

THD that companies post, do you really think you can hear the

difference between a reciever or amp with THD of 0.04% and 0.03%? But

some salespeople and consumers believe the hype and buy the lower one

even if the other is better or cheaper.

Hi Collin,

I tried messing around feading my tweeters from the A and woofers from the B but did'nt notice any difference. I then bought a beat up Adcom 555 amp off of ebay for $250 to feed my woofers and I'm now in heaven. If you do decide to invest in an amp, make sure your receiver has the outs needed to plug into the amp.

Best of luck,

Bob