Looking for Khorn bass bins

TRiv

Looking for two Khorn bass bins, preferably empty (no drivers). Do not need to have top sections, matching serial #'s, or great cosmetics, just solid condition (no water damage, smashed wood) acoustically sound bins. Looking to experiment like others here, just don't want to do it with a nice pair of originals. I am in Cleveland Ohio area and close to Forward Air, fed-ex second choice , though will drive 150 miles one way to pick up. Let me know if you have anything ( and how $much ) or leads, thanks!

Looking for two Khorn bass bins, preferably empty (no drivers). Do not need to have top sections, matching serial #'s, or great cosmetics, just solid condition (no water damage, smashed wood) acoustically sound bins. Looking to experiment like others here, just don't want to do it with a nice pair of originals. I am in Cleveland Ohio area and close to Forward Air, fed-ex second choice , though will drive 150 miles one way to pick up. Let me know if you have anything ( and how $much ) or leads, thanks!

TRiv,

If you would have posted this a week ago,I would have held these for you if you won the aution,got lots of room now the ex girlfriend got her stuff out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5863142577&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I bid on them until the last but drew the line at $400,they went for $415,kinda rough but maybe what you were looking for.I had the same idea as you and not wanting to start with a nice pair.

Greg

post-15498-13819283743206_thumb.jpg

Greg, they are exactly what I am looking for, or anything close. I posted that auction here a few weeks ago in hopes someone here closer to them could pick them up for their project, as the guy would not ship. I thought the cabinets were a good deal at that price, you should have gone a bit more, of course that's no guarantee a win, anyway, you said you found what you were looking for.

Anyone, is $250-$350 per bin in similar condition above (minus horn) a fair price to pay?

I just bought a Kodak easy share camera. I can e-mail pictures just fine but for some reason I can't get them to download on the forum. I even tried burning them to a disc and downloading from that and it didn't work. When I was using Irfanview I didn't have any problem at all downloading to the forum. Ideas anyone?

I just got done with these a couple of days ago. They are constructed from 1/2 MDF glued and nailed. All joints are sealed with 50 year rated silicone. I'll take 800.00 for the pair.

I am actually hoping to find factory built bins, though would like to see what you have to offer. If you can't post pics please email, thanks.

Ah! Speakerlab K plans!

That is a good implementation - IMO better than the stock Klipschorn due to its additional back chamber bracing and separate motor board.

I used the separate motor board in my design, too, exact to the Speakerlab plans (except I made the board 17x17). The extra work is worth it in overall convenience. If you remove the woofers once in the next 20 years, it pays for itself!

I see that you did the bottoms the same as the top - thinking about adding outer panels? That's a good idea. They won't go flush in a corner with any wall mouldings for a good seal as they sit now...

DM

to save redundant messages....yes got your e-mail thanks

they look good

Wayne, thanks for posting pics. Bluesboy, I am not at home computer right now, will check email when I get home. Cabinet build looks real good, and I am interested, will continue this discussion thru email, thanks!

I would just glue and screw outer panels on the cabinet (replacing the need for walls) and call it good! Seal them (glue or sealant) all around, including the tailboard/panel joints.

It ain't going to get more versatile than that! Normally, due to the stock Khorn having no bottom piece extension and floor moulding cutouts in the tailboard makes this more trouble than its worth, but yours is perfectly set up for this...

Drawing is a cross-section looking down.

DM

post-13458-13819283820788_thumb.jpg