Reverse polarity of the Horns?

I noticed that on my Type E crossovers that the negative from the input is run to the positive terminals on the sqawker and tweeter posts. I had read somewhere to way this is done, but for the life of me can't recollect why ????

Looking at some photos recently on eBay of some type AA networks, it didn't appear that that was the case. I'm trying to figure out why this is done and is it done on all of their crossovers?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

There is an article about the change in the 'Dope From Hope" papers. PWK found a better, flatter, transition between the K-22 and K-55/K-700 with the polarity reversed. All Heresys shipped after then had the reversed polarity and PWK recommended that dealers revise the connections on all their stock. Thereafter the Heresy crossover was given a new H designation and the polarity markings on the nameplate were corrected for the change.

Rick

I think your heresey's may be miswired. Do they image properly? Good bass? I didn't think they wired heresys out of phase with the woofer. I could be wrong.

Edit: See I WAS wrong. But I have 2 pairs and neither are wired that way.

Early Heresy 700s had a Type C network and a 16 ohm woofer. When first the Heresys with 8 ohm woofers came out, they had a Type D network. Basically, the taps used on the autotransformer changed, and the value of the capacitor feeding the autotransformed changed. Everything else stayed the same. Shortly after releasing them, Klipsch figured out that the new Heresys sounded better with the polarity reversed on one of the components, the squawker IIRC. That was reflected in the Type E network and the article in Dope from Hope.

Typical of phase shifts in the crossover. This doesn't mean that it might be an "even" shift (180 degrees), as the wiring polarity difference would imply - just a shift in phase one direction or the other who knows how many degrees.

DM

I have the polarity reversed on my Altec midrange drivers. I get another 1 to 3 db out of them from 350 to 500 hz. that way. That is where the Klipschorn is weak. I tried this with every driver that I experimented with and I think they all sounded better this way.