Using Heresy II as center for Cornwall fronts and Heresy surrounds?

Chris Elm

I know its not optimal, but could someone comment on just how different sounding timbre wise the HII will be.

My system right now consists of 83 Cornwalls (K-77M, K-51V, K-33E) and 63 Heresy's (K-77, K-55V, K-22) with an RC-3II center. I just moved to the Heritage line a few weeks ago and am not looking back!

I'm happy with the timbre match to KHorns, but sometimes find the Heresy II doesn't have quite the effortless dynamics. I might eventually upgrade to a Cornwall center if the oportunity presented itself. But I think a Heresy II would be a good upgrade to an RC-3II for timbre match.

I am using one in between my La Scala's at the moment because I am too lazy to get off my butt and finish my center split La Scala. Timbre wise yes it is a decent match. Not as good as the La Scala is but still pretty good. I agree with PSG the dynamics are a little weaker and I would expect them to be. I used to used an RC-3II, its a good little speaker, but way over tasked in between two La Scala's, and it told you right where it was, the timbre mismatch was noticeable to say the least. I like the Heresy II better than the Heresy because the tweeter is better IMO. I use Heresy II's for surround duty as well and am pretty happy with them in that role. So timbre wise b/t two Cornwall's I'd say you'll do just fine. However if you have to pick a speaker to go overboard on your center is the one. It carries about 3/4's of your HT duty so it is the most critical speaker in the array.