Serial numbers

jammer26

How long have you had them? Have the caps in the networks been updated? If not, I would recommend contacting BEC to get new caps. I suggest establishing a baseline and enjoying them as they are prior to considering any more elaborate tweaks.

Thanks for the info, I got these in 1985.

No upgrades internal or external.

They are vertical, no riser.

Cabinets a pretty rough but they sound great. Birch ply. Lots of dings etc..

I am in the process of selling these to buy a new guitar.

What do you think I should ask for them?

They are vertical, no riser.

You probably understood the import of Travis's question regarding whether your Cornwalls are "vertical," but eliminating any doubt would make it easier to help you set a resale value. Are the tweeter and squawker horns oriented vertically with the long sides parallel to the long side of the cabinet as shown in the rear view of Allan Songers vertical Cornwalls?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Or do yours look like these?

In either case, if you're eager to convert them to cash, then ignore my unsolicited advice to replace the caps in the networks; let the next owner worry about that. You would probably get more money on eBay with a reserve of at least $500--more if the cabinets are in great condition--but there are hassles.

The unwritten forum etiquette is that you name your asking price (possibly a bit higher than what would be your eBay reserve, but less than your wildest eBay expectations) with the first member to meet your price becomes the new owner. The forum is not an auction and members dislike being asked to bid against each other. That's the purpose of eBay, Audiogon, etc. The forum offers a quicker, safer sale to a fellow member, but don't expect to command the prices available at auction sites.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />