RSW-15 Popping sound........Need Help/Advice

VADER

I recently noticed that there is a low popping sound coming through the rear firing driver of my RSW-15. It can only be heard when standing very close to the sub & the popping goes away after the 5-10 minutes of operation & doesnt appear to have any effect on the subs performance. I have checked the cable, driver & the power cord & everything appears to be fine. There are no local Klipsch dealers in my area so I dont have the option of taking the sub in for testing. My guess is that it must be related to the internal amp, has anyone else encountered this problem. Thanks.

• Like 1

Do you get the popping if the inputs to the sub are disconnected? That is, just plug the sub into the wall and turn it on? If so, it's got to be a sub problem.

I disconnected the inputs & their was no popping however since there is no power to drive the sub, by doing this it still doesn't discount the fact that the problem is within the sub. The popping only occurs within the first few minutes when it recieves a signal.

• Like 1

I disconnected the inputs & their was no popping however since there is no power to drive the sub, by doing this it still doesn't discount the fact that the problem is within the sub. The popping only occurs within the first few minutes when it recieves a signal.

what do you mean no power?

you didnt unplug it from the wall did you?

I would think not but had to ask

you got anything else to plug it into?

like your computer for example, or straight to your dvd player using only analog outs. just use the crossover at say 150 and listen for the pops.