I have been gone a while again and excitedly finally back with Klipsch

Fortes. I've been casually listening to them all week and thinking that

my memory had sweetened their sound...OF COURSE this was not true. It

so happens that I bought this pair and did no realize that one of the

tweeters was in trouble.

So..I NEED A REPLACEMENT K-75-K. Can anyone help locate one asap or

have any suggestions? I am in a stranger place now than not having the

speakers at all because they are just sitting staring at me and i cant

listen. Please help and thanks for all of your time and expertise.

Josh

The K-75-K has replaceable diaphragms that are available on eBay and here from Bob Crites for ~$50/pr. That is most likely the only thing that can go wrong with that tweeter UNLESS there has been some physical trauma you didn't mention. I guess it COULD be crossover related, but I wouldn't start there first. Trying to find a complete K-75 may prove to be a bit of a challange ... unless you are really lucky.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to Klipsch.

I believe the tweeter unit as a whole is not available. OTOH the diaphragm is.available at 1-800-Klipsch.

I had two bad tweeters on my e-Bay Quartets and obtained the new diaphragms from the factory. They were about $40 a piece. I've 90 percent certain the F1 and Q are very close.

The process is not complicated in that the electical connections are push on types. The mechanical aspect is three small nuts and bolts. The instructions were 6th or more generation photocopy quality.

You may (or may not) find a brown blob in the magnet gap (the ring shaped hole into whch the ring shaped voice coil fits). That is ferrofluid and can be left there.

My tweeters had to be unscrewed from the front. I used some masking tape to secure the wires, lest they drop into the box. I was careful not to overtighten the mounting screws when remounting. You might have plywood.

OTOH, if you feel you are not up to working on the diaphragm, there are people here who will do it for you if you ship the tweeters off to them. I'll let them pop up.

Best,

Gil

wow. Thanks!

see...thats why i love this forum. I guess another $50 is not too much

too make these speakers sing straight instead of lop-sided like they

are now. Now, how easy are the diaphrams to replace? Is this something

that most people can do on their own or would it be best to send the

tweeters off to someone experienced?

Seriously, thanks again.

"How difficult" depends very much upon what sort of work you've done before. It is hard to tell from this end without more info from you. Smile.

If you have assembled Ikea furnature and changed lightbulbs, this will be just a little new adventure. You will need a small tool kit. Maybe you have that.

If someone only has a Ph.D in English lit and not tools . . . . that could be another story. Smile,

Gil