New TV!

mtber101

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the long delay. I've been having all kinds of log in problems. As for the dvd I was going for... I have no idea.

I got a few pm's about the stand so I'll post it hear... I may have not replied to everyone.

But believe it or not.... I got it at Walmart. My local super walmart

has them for $80. I'm not sure of the brand but I'll try and remember

to look the next time I go. The center fits in perfectly and the over all

stand is very nice.

cheers

Ben

Oh, and try this:

Put a small, maybe 1/4" thick, shim under the front of your center so it is pointing (upward) right at your head.

I did this (on the back of to point down) on the JBL center on top of our 52" Mits and it did make a difference (before, the center was a few feet above our heads), it made things a bit more clear and 'real'.

One of those FREE mods that can actually make a REAL difference - and it takes <10 seconds to undo.

Oh, and try this:

Put a small, maybe 1/4" thick, shim under the front of your center so it is pointing (upward) right at your head.

I did this (on the back of to point down) on the JBL center on top of our 52" Mits and it did make a difference (before, the center was a few feet above our heads), it made things a bit more clear and 'real'.

One of those FREE mods that can actually make a REAL difference - and it takes <10 seconds to undo.

Welcome to the world of HD! Once you get your video receiver, you may not want to watch SD programming any more.

My only suggestion would be to place the center channel speaker above the TV for better sound and a OTA antenna for local SD and HD channels. OTA SD looks better than cable or satellite, IMO and its free.

Congratulations and enjoy your new display.

Thanks guys.... I've had the HD box now for a week and a half and

love it. DVR is a very nice feature. I hardly watch

anything now that isn't HD.

I think I'll just angle the center up.... I'm only going to be in this

apartment until August.... Plus I don't know how I would do it.

And still make it looks nice and clean. Maybe the tv mount

someone else was talking about in another thread?