Rory Gallagher live

oldbuckster

I just got this disc the other day; Rory Gallagher Irish Tour cd on Buddha Records, it happens to be marked Original Master; recorded in 1974; Rory Gallagher can play a guitar, what a good set this is. It's been many years since I've heard Mr. Gallagher, but after listening to this, I will correct that.Backed by a three piece band, Rory steps out and lets it rip, Fenderbender here. I remember when he was considered an up and coming guitarist, mission accomplished .Of 10 songs on disc, he wrote 7, mainly staying in the blues vane that he does so well. Good band behind him, a really nice sounding disc, and Rory with great playing, good singing, well worth a listen. Rory may not be the Greatest Guitarist, but he can stand on the same stage with them, right beside them.Give this disc a listen, you won't be sorry. What do you think guys,(or gals)?

And I thought I was the only one here that was a fan.Almost all Rory's

work has been released and remastered,I have at least 15 cd's.If you

have not listened to ALL his work you're in for a real treat.He's one

of the best artist of the last century,super talented in many ways.His

studio albums are very well done for the time and VERY listenable on

Klipsch.The 2 disc set at the BBC is also very good.I was broke in on

Live in Europe and Irish Tour in the 70's but collected all his albums

in the 80's and now all remastered cd's,they are the prize of my cd

collection.I even have about 6 dvd concerts from the 70's through the

90's.

The greatest artist to ever get the least notice,except by guitar players and real rock/blues fans,RIP Rory.

And I thought I was the only one here that was a fan.Almost all Rory's work has been released and remastered,I have at least 15 cd's.If you have not listened to ALL his work you're in for a real treat.He's one of the best artist of the last century,super talented in many ways.His studio albums are very well done for the time and VERY listenable on Klipsch.The 2 disc set at the BBC is also very good.I was broke in on Live in Europe and Irish Tour in the 70's but collected all his albums in the 80's and now all remastered cd's,they are the prize of my cd collection.I even have about 6 dvd concerts from the 70's through the 90's.

The greatest artist to ever get the least notice,except by guitar players and real rock/blues fans,RIP Rory.

It has been way to many years since I kept up on Rory, so I feel real dumb asking this, Rory is dead? I didn't realise that, another great talent taken way to early.The lad could play a fender, I often wondered why he never became more popular. Is there a DVD version of this show?What a shame to lose another great ,very underrated, a guitarist's guitarist, if you will. RIP Mr. Gallagher

Yipes! I didn't know he died. 1995 at age 47? Liver failure?

I remember seeing him at a club. I remember it distinctly which is pretty surprising. I had a terrible flu and shouldn't have been out. By the time the night was over & I got in the car - I was cured. I think because it was just so hot in there - the sickness melted out of me. The crowd in front of the stage sat crosslegged on the floor - ever so polite.

You may have had the Bullfrog Blues.Nothin' like a shot of Rythym and Blues,its sure to cure your ills.

Oldbuck,there is a dvd Irish Tour,its not the exact show or a concert

but kinda shows the Tour,the story, and some concert jams.If

you look on ebay you'll see lots of Rory's dvd's,I have a 3disc set

that covers lots of ground,some poorly recorded(early live)but some

pretty good.For a fan like me its still a must.Live in Cork is also

good and live at Rockpalast.