Tues. Apr 4 new releases, oh happy day

BobbyT

Operation Mindcrime 2 isn't too bad.... sorry, I have had it for about a month now, I couldn't wait... had to get the blackbeard copy [6]. It did have big shoes to fill however... did they succeed? I will leave that for you to decide :)

I got the new Lacuna Coil album, and I personally like it! It is a toss up if this one or Comalies is the better, but definitly worth it if you are Lacuna Coil fan.

I've only just picked it up and listened to it once in the car on the way back home from Richmond. I'll have to give it another listen on my home system (read - Klipsch!).

I'll have to go check out the new Queensryche album.

What a relief , when I first saw your thread topic I thought you were talking about the gay cowboy movie . Or perhaps Narnia , which I am wanting to see ...

I saw the movie, it was much more than just gay cowboys, there was a plot story etc that people can relate to. It was not that bad of a movie, I am not gay but it was not as bad as people put it out to be. Besides the only nudity comes from anne hathaway (from princess diaries [;)] who would have thought she gets naked!)

This Tuesday the sequal to Operation Mindcrime is released as well as Karma Code, the new CD from Lacuna Coil. It will be a long 2 days.

I finally got around to picking up Queensryche's Operation Mindcrime II album. I personally like it. It is definitly one of thier best efforts in recent years. I was a little put-off by the political digs (Come-on folks - it is really getting old) in the first "real" track ("I'am American"), but overall, I am impressed. A few tracks on there sounded like something I'd hear on an Angra album (an excellent power/progressive band from Brazil).

EDIT: I was listening to this album again. Although I was initially put off by the politicking in the "I'am American" track, however, after listening to it in the context with the rest of the album, I can see how it fits in. This is about the guy that just came out of prison for offing 'Mary' (as told in the previous album), but is still p-o'd about what he sees as corruption in the government. As a stand-alone "single", I can see how people (myself included) sees it as another ho-hum dig at the current government. But anyway.....

Queensryche is the "granddaddy" of the whole progressive metal movement (with Rush setting it up with the heavier elements of Prog Rock), and is basically the only such band that I know that can even be considered "mainstream" (Dream Theater comes awefully close). It is nice to see these guys can still put out worthy material instead of just trying to be another mainstream "radio band" (ala their Hear in the Now Frontier ablbum). If you are a Queensryche fan, this is definitly worth picking up, especially since I was able to grab it on sale at Best Buy for all of $12 just this past Saturday (and got the Lacuna Coil album for only $10 at an F.Y.E store in Richmond that Tuesday it came out)

Finally nice to see some good music to finally come out of some of the bigger labels instead of the endless parade of crap. And thankfully - no ridiculous DRM/copywrite protections on these disks.