Need help pricing my system

SMyers124

Hi all,

I'm selling my entire system which includes a pair of Light Oil Oak Horns, a pair of oak KT DS, an oak KV 3, and a KSW 200. I went to BlueBook.com to find resale value but didn't find it helpful at all. Does anyone know of another resource for resale values on the above speakers? All are in excellent condition and I have all the paperwork and even the boxes. Thanks for any help in advance.

Suz

Amendment: Mike, they are Klipschorns. Sorry for being unclear.

This message has been edited by SMyers124 on 10-29-2001 at 04:58 PM

Dear Sue,

To answer your question fairly, if you look at Ebay you will get a idea on the above mentioned speakers. www.ebay.com Many would love to find someone like you in a "quick fire sale," but rather than risk getting killed later for stealing them away from you from others in this board, I feel Ebay will give you some "ballparks" about where you need to sell them.

I will say the blue books are very very LOW on these as well as anyone elses for that matter. Especially your Klipschorns. A good pair should go for 1,000.00 minimum and have seen them up to 3,000.00 + for some exotic wood types. The fact that you have the origional boxes helps, too, in that shipping these will be easier and safe and added to the value too.

If you have the serial numbers off the back of the speakers, and types of wood stain too, this would help determine age and a PIC would really help looking at them too. Like anything else in life, what you want to buy, is only what the other person willing to sell it to you for. (There never was a K-Horn beanie baby...darn....LOL..)

Hope this helps.

This message has been edited by IndyKlipschFan on 10-30-2001 at 10:56 AM

Going from recent sale prices on eBay and other classified sites, I would go for the following ballpark figures -

K-horns - $1500-$2000

KV3 - $150-$200

KT-DS - $100-$150

KSW200 - $250-$300

Keep in mind these are ballpark figures, you might get more or you might get less.....it all depends on how badly someone wants what you have.

Good Luck

------------------

Home Theater Page

Not real sure if Suz has K-Horns. Her quote says "a pair of Light Oil Oak Horns". Suz, if you have K-Horns my mistake but if they're not, can you please be more specific?

The reason I say this is based on the other equipment she has listed. Not sure she would pair up some K-Horns with the others mentioned. I believe the Quartets, Forte's and Chorus speakers all came in Oiled Oak and Oak Clear finishes.

Mike