Why can't they all sound like this?!?

t-man

To add to the music factor, when I bought my Khorns I was actually listening to classical music. I swear, I could hear the pick against an accoustical guitar :}

The hair on the back of my head stood up! I knew then...horns...OUCH Smile.gif

To this day, for everyone, album is called Tom Cochrane and Red Rider with the "Edmonton Symphony Orchestra".

You wanna hear true def Smile.gif

Same Orchestra that recorded with Procal Harum in the 70's.

OK guys, what would be a good introductory CD by Diana Krall - I keep hearing great things about her on this site. I'm basically a classic rock kind of listener, but my interests extend to jazz, country & classical (sorry I draw the line at opera - just can't seem to get into it). And I flat out love the blues - B.B.King, Buddy Guy, etc. Right now I'm waiting on a CDNOW order: Pink Floyd - Echoes, Martina McBride - Greatest Hits, & Stories - Best Of. Told you I had diverse interests. Anyway please make some suggestions re: Krall. I'd love to check her out. Thanks

lovedrummin - I am a recent convert to Diana Krall, with musical tastes similar to yours. If you have DTS playback capability (5.1), go over to the www.dtsonline.com site and buy her DTS-encoded Love Scenes disc. It is on clearance for about $8. (I paid $22 at Best Buy Frown.gif.) It is a very clean recording, and if you listen with your eyes closed, you'll be shocked to open them and not see her standing in front of you. Sent chills down my spine.

Doug

dougdrake2 - Thanks for the Diana Krall tip. My receiver has dts capability, but my dvd player does not. It's my understanding that the dvd player also has to be able to process dts. Is this true or am I not accessing the dts on my receiver properly? I borrowed a copy of Eagles - Hell Freezes Over from a friend and can't seem to get it to play in dts mode. It's still pretty impressive in DD surround though. I'm very new to home theater so I may not be expressing myself here very well. I'm sure you guys can get me on the right track though. Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks. Well, I've been listening to various cuts from the Byrds Box Set today. Time to move on to something a little heavier > ZZ Top - One Foot In The Blues. Catch you later guys. -- LEW

Oddly enough, I can play the Diana Krall DTS CD in DTS on my trusty Pioneer CD Megachanger, using the digital connection to my Denon receiver. I was surprised! I just loaded it into the CD player, selected it as the source on my receiver, made sure the receiver was in auto detect mode, and voila, the DTS light lit up and I got Diana on the center channel speaker (and the other 4 as well...).

Doug

Doug - Like I said, I'm new to HT, & I haven't had my Denon 3802 very long. I keep forgetting about that auto select mode. I'll have to give it a shot & see what happens. ZZ Top sure had the house rockin' earlier. The neighbors a gonna hate me & my wife still doesn't understand. Ah well, such is life. Thanks for the auto select mode tip. -- LEW