Possible Moving Sale

wstrickland1

There were casualties.

On one of the RF 7s, EVERY pin for the speaker grille was completely broken off. They packed them in a box with the grilles on, then stuffed pillows, etc against the grill to "protect" them. Well, those cheap azz plastic pins didn't make it.

Another small TV sparked and smoked when my son hooked up his PS2, probably dropped it too but there is no signs of physical damage.

A large cherry (fake but nice) corner computer desk was completely destroyed. That would have been easier to take had it fallen over on the truck or accidentally dropped, but it was destroyed during disassembly. That's right, they literally tore it apart to get it out the house.

I can't find my RS-7s

I can't find my Reference 50

Willy, to answer your question, I would be equally pissed

Gary, I'm hangin' on to the Legends and everything else like grim death, which won't be far off if I have to go through this again. But the boat is still in Ballentine.

The good news is, the family room is really big and the Reference system has plenty of room. The Bonus Room is plenty big enough for my dedicated set up. I have a nice sized sitting room for the LaScalas so no more are they relegated to the garage. So now if I can find everything I'll be in business.

• 2 weeks later...

Billy,

Where did you land in Charleston, sounds like you got more house than you thought you would. The prices have gone through the roof in the last 5-6 years. I grew up on Johns Island and moved West Ashley 9 years ago, glad I did it then as I could not afford the same house now. When you finally get settled in, if you don't mind I would love to hear a Legend system as I think that will be my challenge to aquire.

It appears we have about 4 or 5 members in Charleston, WHOOOO go Charleston.

Billy,

Where did you land in Charleston, sounds like you got more house than you thought you would. The prices have gone through the roof in the last 5-6 years. I grew up on Johns Island and moved West Ashley 9 years ago, glad I did it then as I could not afford the same house now. When you finally get settled in, if you don't mind I would love to hear a Legend system as I think that will be my challenge to aquire.

We're in Wescott Plantation and yes, the prices are freakey. I left here about 6 years ago and the house I had on James Island has doubled in value. I grew up on Johns Island too and yes there are several members around here. Me, you, Willy and Hunt(who I don't see hardly but he did sell me my LaScalas) and I'm sure there's somebody else. Anyway, the Legends are nearly ready. I found the Ref 50 and have the mains, center and sub hooked up. I need to finish unpacking and then I can hook up the surrounds. I got an XBox 360 for fathers day and I've finally gotten around to hooking that up. I'll let you know when the rest is rolling and you can give 'er a listen.

Billy,

Hey firefighter ,

The only area around here where you can still get a good deal is Summerville ! Truely you will get more home for your money there .

Too far from the beach for me though . [:(]

I grew up in West Ashley and still live here now , but the property values have skyrocketed . I seriously don't know how much longer I will be able to afford to live here myself . My how things have changed around here .

Sorry to hijack your thread Billy . BTW , my Belles have tons of bass now !

Sorry to hijack your thread Billy . BTW , my Belles have tons of bass now !

it's not my thread...it's our thread! And even so, you're always welcome to fly this plane anywhere. I've got to check out that monster sub. I can't believe I haven't yet but the last 4 months have been extremely stressful.

I do have an inside room now for the Scalas. I was flexing them earlier this evening and wow, I am so damn glad I kept them. I am going to screw up someone's approach shot sooner or later, but theres not many people playing out there when its 110 degrees. Maybe in the fall.

I do have an inside room now for the Scalas. I was flexing them earlier this evening and wow, I am so damn glad I kept them. I am going to screw up someone's approach shot sooner or later, but theres not many people playing out there when its 110 degrees. Maybe in the fall.

Go get em Billy !

Go get em Billy !

so should I blast while they're setting up or wait 'till they're at the top of their backswing?

Billy,

The ideal time to blast is just as they start to pull the club down, by then it's too late to abort.

Hunt's a good friend of mine, we work for the same department. I know your LaScalas, couple of good guys they are.

Willy, I probably live within 5 minutes of you, 20 minutes from Billy and 20 minutes from Hunt, maybe one day we will all get to know each other.

As I write this I am listening to my LaScalas, GOOD STUFF!

Jack.