Quintets??

MattG

It was a cool autumn morning, family all asleep.

A peacefull calm over the house, there I was reading the most recent posts. Taking a look at the U-bid site mentioned on one post I saw a good deal on some Quintet satellites. I placed a moderate bid, then went to work. While at work I was realizing that these are not the RF-3's, RC-3, RS-3's I had been dreaming of buying and hoped I would lose the bid.

SURPRISE!!! I won.

So now I am wondering "What the hell am I going do with six quintet satellites?!"

Now my questions. Is a Quintet satellite going to make a good center channel speaker?

Are these speakers going to do well as a primarily HT set-up?

My plans are to upgrade my reciever to a Denon 3802 (this was the plan before the Quintets) and use a SVS sub which I have not picked a model yet. My wife does not like the TV or radio turned up very loud so I know I would never have the listening level that alot of you have. But even so will I out grow these speakers fast?

They are new speakers unopened. Should I consider selling the off to people at work, or something? I am sure I could get what I paid for them.

Thanks MattG

This message has been edited by MattG on 10-29-2001 at 10:20 PM

Quintets,I have a set(is picking up dust and probably houses some guests cwm19.gif )

I used them with my PC,the sound is quite good(for the price)and these small sats can fill even large rooms with sound.Not to say you would break the walls with the output.The highs and upper midrange are quite ok,the sats dont have any bass to speak of.You need a sub like the KSW12 or any sub that can reach 120Hz up for a good sonic match.

The Quintets will please if you are not acustomed to larger Klipsch or use them in a secondary system.

Remember the Quintet will not replace even a basic Synergy system.

What can I tell you more,you would have to at least try them.You may like them or you may decide to pack them up.Your ears should help you.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

• 3 weeks later...