KLIPSCH Horizon HS-2

Klipsch-daddy

Can anyone tell me anything about these speakers. They are suspose to be indoor/outdoor speakers. Would they be ok for surround speakers? Does anyone have any currently?

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: Black RF-3's

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: Looking for some

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

I can tell you about the HS-1's. I have them outside and they sound pretty good. I can also tell you that I am probably one of the few who use indoor/outdoor speakers in a HT setup. I think the big reason for this is that I am very new to HT and had no idea what i was doing. I have the SA-1's as my front left and right. The whole setup was put together by my installer as a compromise between form and function and sounds pretty good. I am not crazy about the SA-1's for music in stereo and have talked with him about changing them out. I want a fuller sound with a little more midbass (I think this is what i want at least). I have actually listened to the paradigm atoms which are smaller and come in white (thus fitting my wife's criteria) and are a less expensice option. However the room I have the speakers in is very large and he suggested the SA-2's. We are going to give them a try and maybe the atoms and we'll see what happens.

The bottom line is that the SA-1 sounds much better to me than the HS-1 pair that I have. You may want to consider these if they are in your budget cause I think they may sound better in your setup. Take all of this with a grain of salt as I am really a clueless beginner.

Klipschdaddy:

I imagine you might be looking at the HS-2's as surrounds because of price. Actually, with your current system, a better solution (if you can go the extra bucks) would be RS-3's (which come in black or white)as surrounds. Not only are they built specifically as surround speakers with WDST for both ambience and direct sounds, but they would timbre match your RF-3's much better. Their higher efficiency would also match your mains better.

The HS-2's come in two types: HS-2 and HS-2T. If you get the 2T's, you will need to disable the transformer in them or they will sound well below par for your system. Either way, with either model, the ambient effects of Home Theatre sound in the rears won't come through as well as having something like the RS-3's.

I also notice that you have a KSC-C1 as a center. How does it sound to you compared with the RF-3's?

Thanks, as for the ksc-c1 matching the rf-3's I dont know yet. The dealer was suspose to get me a pair in today but it looks like it will be Monday.. Dam I cant wait............................... It's killing me!!!!

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS:Black RF-3 II

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: RS-3 II

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER