upgrading capacitors

jk6827

Thanks dflip,

I was wondering what specs on the caps should be, I know I need 2uF and 33uF, but what should the voltage be? 200 on the 2 and 400 on the 33? And what would the difference be

if it was less or more.

I forgot to mention, they are Heresy xovers.

Don't blow a bunch of money on the 33µF, the original is an electrolytic. The inexpensive Solen or Dayton 30µF is vastly better than the original (the value is close enough, the electrolytic was a 10% type).

The Hovland is a foil and film type, as is the Theta AudioCap.

It will cost about $30 more for the Hovland and Solen from MAD vs the Theta AudioCap and Dayton from PE.

Thanks for all the advice,everyone has been very helpful, since this is somewhat new to me.

Not listening, upgrading. My system isn't very bright. Think I will go with the Dayton 30uF

and the Theta for the 2uF. I plan on using the Heresys for my rear surrounds.

I am trying to get them to match my RF3's and CF6 as close as possible, I did have the KSB2.1's as my rears. Any suggestions on that would be appreciated also. I am trying to decide on risers for the Heresys/ what height, I will be making them.

I have been a Klipsch fan for awhile now,(Since I saw the LaScalas for the first time) and try to inform my friends on how great and efficient these speakers are. It amazes me how many people have never heard of them, considering how long they have been around. Oh well enough of my ramblings.

Thanks again for everyones help, I'm sure I'll be asking many more questions.