building a center

I will be getting a reciever soon, so i need to make a center that will be driven by 80 watts. I was looking to build a center, but i was wondering what would be reasonable size speakers to use, and id like to keep the price for the drivers under 60 dollars alltogether if possible. Ill build the cabinet myself, and space isnt too much of an issue, it can be a foot or two wide and pretty deep too.

I will be getting a reciever soon, so i need to make a center that will be driven by 80 watts. I was looking to build a center, but i was wondering what would be reasonable size speakers to use, and id like to keep the price for the drivers under 60 dollars alltogether if possible. Ill build the cabinet myself, and space isnt too much of an issue, it can be a foot or two wide and pretty deep too.

Apex Jr. has the 8 inch Klipsch K-1077 woofers for about $37 each, also they have T/S parameters. I don't have the URL right now but Google Apex Jr and it's there. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them and they're a good outfit.

Im going to drop them in and see what happens, and if theres any major frequency holes than ill probably get some new crossovers.

Im wondering, what is the frequency range of vocals, approximately? I want the speaker to at least be decent and be able to sound reasonably accurate, but im not going for anything crazy since im on a tight budget.