opinions on hsu v. svs

LousyTourist

It was not me!!! I was posted on the link given Hence why I posted a link!

he is supposedly an "expert" being that he does work for a magazine

Yeah supposedly,anyone knows someone who claims being a expert.Fact is these experts sometimes are little people with an agenda and want to implant doubt by spitting lies.

What mag does this expert work for? Toilet Paper Mag maybe

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of down-firing designs and notice how neither manufacturer lists maxSPL capabilities for their designs.

So here is my opinion for the same price range:

http://www.klipsch.com/product/product.aspx?cid=654 ($650)

I don't have much experience with HSU but SVS is pretty much purchasing an assembled DIY speaker. Nothing wrong with that, but they don't have the engineering capability of some of the larger companies.

You're joking, right?

That Klipsch sub doesn't stand a chance against anything that HSU or SVS has to offer at that price.

"SVS is pretty much purchasing an assembled DIY speaker."

WTF?!?!

It's funny how you feel you can judge something with only having very little experience if none at all with either of the other subs.

I on the other hand have, and know quite well what they are capable of. I've also heard my fair share of Klipsch subs, which is why I never bought one. The SVS PB12-ISD/2 (now the PB12-NSD/2) which I used to own runs circles around pretty much anything Klipsch has to offer, and that's SVS' lower line. Step up to their Plus or Ultra line and there's no comparison at all.

Yes, SVS used to get their drivers from TC Sounds, but they were custom made to SVS' specs. But now SVS designs and builds their own drivers in house. Their new NSD drivers are just about equal to the TC Sounds Plus drivers they used to use.

Their digital BASH amps are made by a Canadian company, but don't let those somewhat lower power ratings fool you. The 325 watt amp is capable of more that 600 watts peak, likewise with their 600 watt amp, capable of 1400 watts peak.

Their much larger enclosures make up for the lower amp power and no need for onboard EQ to get the subs flat to 20Hz-12Hz, depending on the model and tune.

And if you think about it, just about any sub you can consider a pre-assembled DIY sub. All they are is a woofer in a box with an amp smacked onto the other side.

Whatever...

Hey, no hating on TC Sounds allowed!!!

We are not just a "DIY" thing.

[:P]