Featured in June 2006 Issue of HOME THEATER MAGAZINE: PICKY'S HT!!

picky

Please see the thread over in "General":

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/732781/ShowThread.aspx#732781

I'll see the thread there, But while I'm already here I'm going to go ahead and give you a big ole "ataboy!"

I have visited your site before and was very impressed at the level of great planing, superior execution and awesome craftsmanship.

I am green with envy.... not of the feature article, but of the ablity of walking downstairs to enjoy a great HT that puts my modest 'entertainment-center' to shame

Congrates!

I had just gotten my issue in the mail and I was telling my wife that I like to check out the a/v interiors section where they showcase people's DIY home theaters. She suggested that I send in pictures of ours but I opened the magazine to show here that the kinds of theaters they showcased were quite a bit more refined and professional-looking than ours.

Anyway as soon as I opened the magazine I recognized the theater from visiting his website a long time ago and got completely sidetracked. I'm surprised how much I remembered as I told my wife all about it.

Of course I checked the article to make sure of two things:

1) that Klipsch speakers were prominently on display in the photos (they are)

2) that he had mentioned the forums here (he did!)

Thank you guys. I made certain to show my Klipsch! I'm sure glad they used the shot wih the grills off! There's one with them on and you can barely make out the speakers because of the black wall.

Now, how could I begin to write an article without mentioning this forum? For shame! [;)]

You should submit photos you your setup too, BV! I am flattered that you are so familiar with our place that you actually recognized it. Thanks!

They didn't have room to print my equipment list. It'll be on the website they list at the end of the article. It should become active soon. You can't get to it as of yet. I'm also listed in the next article about "Consumer Experts".

You might not remember me as I haven't been posting much....but I was flipping through this months issue of HT Mag and what did I see? A very familiar HT setup, yes...yes it was picky's HT from the Klipsch forum. It's got such a unique look how could not recognize it as your! Congratulations... It's nice to see that others can appreciate all the hard work you put into your setup.

~cheers~

Pako: Of course I remember you! You started one of the best threads we've ever had on the Home Theater forum: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/388802.aspx Thanks a bunch, man!

dantfmly: Hey, are back in the states right now? If so, welcome Home! How's the old "Nav" treating you? I am certain that someday you will achieve your goals, man. I just know it! I hope your family is well. Thanks.

-Glenn

dantfmly: Hey, are back in the states right now? If so, welcome Home! How's the old "Nav" treating you? I am certain that someday you will achieve your goals, man. I just know it! I hope your family is well. Thanks.

-Glenn

Yes I have been back in the states now for about 2 months. It is great to be back with my family. I am also so greatful not to have to listen to the promedia speakers I have anymore. I get to listen to the real thing now, with real meadia not stupid mp3's or wma's. Music to my ears. [:D] Maybe someday I will have a cool website like yours, instead of a little dinky website that I have (because its free). [:P] I am doing a lot of fixing the house up now adding hard wood floors all the down stairs, Which surprisingly improved the sound quality [:^)] especially in the bass. I will have to update my website and my avatar to reflect the new look for the home theater. the ugly pink carpet is gone now. The Navy is Treating me great I am in a new job now since I am back a big promotion to. To bad I just missed making the chiefs board this time around. [:'(] oh well try again next year. I am getting ready to transfer in nine months, staying at Oceana here though. Going to be an instuctor. Just moving across the street pretty much. My wife is from here in Virginia Beach, so I am trying to stay Stationed in the Hamton Roads area until I retire from the navy in the next 7 years. Man I can't wait. Don't get me wrong the Navy is not that bad, but I can't stand the time away from my family for long periods. It just sucks not seeing my wife and kid for months at a time. Well I will see you around take care.

-Jeremiah

Jeremiah: I am really glad to hear that you are back. Fantastic! I'm certain you are getting your fill of both family and excellent sound while you can. It sounds like you are doing some pretty nice improvements to your place. Got any pictures? Congratulations on your promotion! That's excellent. Are you now a first class? I made it to 3rd and after 4 they were gogin to give me 2nd if I'd ship-over, but I went ahead and got out after 4. One of my closest freinds was a lifer. He did his 20 and got out a few years ago. He was a Senior Chief Photographer's Mate. He didn;t care for being away either. Can;t say as I blame you. He was discharged from NAS Brunswick, Maine. He's working for the Bureau of Land Management now out in Reno, Nevada. He's had a very successful career and there's no reason you can't too. Best of luck, and my best to your family! -Glenn