Redoing my trusty ol' LaScala's

fred1

As per sugesstions I have made a post in this section, to try and locate some logo badges. I have a concept of what I want to accomplish in the end of my work. My speaker cabinets are circa 1982 and when I complete them I would like to wind up with some along this line.Which somebody had on your site. I like the the cloth grill over the horns.

• Like 1

James:

Will do that first thing Mon. Morn. I tried to post a picture of the speakers as they are now ( my avitar) and how I'd like them to wind up, but they wound up as little dots. I guess I'm not the computer geek after all. thanks! FRED

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

James

Moved back to Phoenix from Denver and took your suggestion and called Klipsch Parts and got some little badges, now comes the selection of the grilles and I have to find someone here to assist me with redoing my veneer. Considering they've lasted since 1982 with the Walnut veneer which looks good but up close you can see where it's begining to lift in places, there's no water damage, or mold and the speakers sound excellent, but it sure would be nice to give them a little cosmetic facelift. Like most of the LaScalas, or Klipsch Horrns if you don't drive the snot out of them they will probably outlast you!

• Like 1

fred1

Did you buy your LaScalas with the doghouse grills or did you make them. I have seen only one pair with those grills and it was just a picture with no point of contact. do you think you could post a picture of the grills with some measurements, I may have to try a DIY, or better yet if you decide not to use them in your LaScala redo, I would like to buy them from you.

Thanks Jack.

A couple of years ago I purchased a pair of LaScala HF grills with black fabric and copper strip logo affixed. One more option from Klipsch parts.

How do they look and how much did they cost? I have a pair of black LaScala's that could use 'tarting up'.