RSW-10d looks like one on my mini sub list

TheEAR

No jokes people,just saw some pics of the upcoming RSW1-10d and all I can say I am going for this one too. Now the wait so my Klipsch dealer gets one. I am the first to nab one. Klipsch thank you for more subs to fuel my sickness.

Looks like Klipsch Sunfire subs [:P] Will probably have two more micro subs with a similar dsigns to make a comparo. [:)]

I see it has a increase in output to 114,But the thd also went up 1% on the 10d compared to the rsw10,Its hard to say if there will be much of an improvement,the only improvement I see is it will hit lower than the rsw10.

oh its not much of a inch game with subwoofers. I mean subwoofers are a different beast to say 15 inch prospeakers. The prospeakers will not dig in nearly as deep even with a 15 or 18 inch cone. A 10 inch with proper excusion and box etc will handle bass well. Its like certain engines on a car. Say the Mercedes AMG 55 engine. They place the 5.5 liter engine now in the s550 but they also sell a s55 AMG which adds a supercharger, intercooler, port and polish, more heat exchangers etc etc to add about 200 more horsepower

oh its not much of a inch game with subwoofers. I mean subwoofers are a different beast to say 15 inch prospeakers. The prospeakers will not dig in nearly as deep even with a 15 or 18 inch cone. A 10 inch with proper excusion and box etc will handle bass well. Its like certain engines on a car. Say the Mercedes AMG 55 engine. They place the 5.5 liter engine now in the s550 but they also sell a s55 AMG which adds a supercharger, intercooler, port and polish, more heat exchangers etc etc to add about 200 more horsepower

I think Mr IB sub know about displacement. [;)]

Haha good one Ear (25 liters and I still want more!). I realize the sub will dig deeper than your Belles, I was referring to the fact that 1 10" sub will lag behind in SPL when mated with 5 fairly efficient Klipsch speakers.

Haha good one Ear (25 liters and I still want more!). I realize the sub will dig deeper than your Belles, I was referring to the fact that 1 10" sub will lag behind in SPL when mated with 5 fairly efficient Klipsch speakers.

I agree totaly but I'm thinking my new Velodyne DD18 won't have a problem . I hope it arrives before Memorial Day . Can't wait to crank up Saving Private Ryan and Pearl Harbor !

Sunburnwilly,

You are going with a DD18! OUTSTANDING CHOICE! Congrats if you do

Let me tell you this,you will have a sub that will integrate superbly,first class quality bass,the very definition of bass definition. [:D] And output while not that of a bog SVS is very high and will fill all but the most enormous rooms.

But as is the case with all finer things in life,the quality,all around quality will make you forget the deaf critics. A subwoofer for audiophiles,and one you will keep

Thanks Arthur , I really think the DD18 is going to intergrate perfectly . Other than the auto eq , which seems to make this sub idiot proof , I really dig that it has a video out so that you can really fine tune the sub to the room with onscreen equalizing . I talked to a couple of local pros who tried to dissuade me from getting an 18" driver . They both felt that multiple subs would be best for my application . But ya know I allready have basicly 5 washing machines in my room so I felt I should go with the biggest baddest single sub that I could afford .

Truethfully though what I really wanted was the DD1812 . So my question to you is if I get a DD12 and stack them will I be essentually making an 1812 ? I like the idea of having the 18" driver handling 50hz and below , and the 12" driver handling 50hz to 80hz . Right now my intentions are to keep my Belles rolled off at 60hz and the DD18 taking it from there to as low as it will go .

The only thing that worries me about the sub is if my houshold current can handle it . At peak power I believe it will draw around 25 amps . I'll give a full report when I get it in my grubby little hands .

Willy P