Home Theater Speaker Help Needed

Speedbird

Folks,

Would really appreciate some help with regards to selecting a new home theater speaker system. I have the following components to date, with no budget to replace them. But I do have about $1,200 dollars to spend on new speakers. Not a real audiophile and I find that this stuff can be more confusing than flying a plane which is my day job... Smile.gif Just looking for something that will work well for movies and occasionally music

Gear:

Sony STR-DB 830 Receiver

Sony DVP-S330 DVD Player

Sony 32" XBR

Monster Cable XP in the walls

Room Size:

19.2 x 15.3 with an 18 foot high ceiling

Wife:

Obsessed with size (speakers that is) and I need a small footprint. Was looking at the Energy Encore, the Aperion/Edge Audio 5.1. Not sure what Klipsch offers in the size/price range I'm working with...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

This message has been edited by Speedbird on 11-03-2001 at 10:47 AM

With a budget of $1200 for all 6 speakers (front mains, center, rears, and sub), I'd suggest you look at the Synergy lineup. You can get bookshelf or floorstanding (but if size is an issue for your wife probably bookshelf). For the money, I don't know if you'll find a better speaker.

Doug

I'll second Doug's vote for the Synergy line. For less than $1200, you'll get a great sounding system with well-matched speakers all around. If you go for the bookshelf models for mains, the footprint will be as small as possible. If you can, I'd go for the KSW-12 sub, rather than the KSW-10; not much bigger or more expensive, but gives a lot more oomph ...

Good luck!

Steve

In case you haven't already looked, get the model numbers of the various Synergy line speakers from the Klipsch web site (Home Audio/Synergy). Then just search on-line for those.

Some sources I've seen mentioned are http://www.acousticsounddesign.com/ and www.sounddistributors.com. Probably others as well. You can also find them, sometimes, on Ubid and Ebay.

Doug