Paul Klipsch and the Electrovoice Aristocrat

macaltec

I have been a Klipsch fan for for 30 years. Unfortunately I do not have the pleasure of owning any Heritage speakers but do have some RF-3II's I like very much. I recently acquired an Electrovoice Aristocrat speaker (wish it had been 2) and I keep finding references to Paul Klipsch associated with this cabinet design. What is the connection if any? Thanks to any and all for the time in responding.

Not sure about the aristocrat....it does not use the same base bin as the klipsch k-horn.....but a few of the models had klipsch licensed bass bins in them. The patrician IV and the georgian come to mind.

Thanks. I have been looking at the Patrician info I find as well. Interesting stuff. Would be really cool to read some some of the possible documentation on the colaberation between the two companies. This little aristocrat sounds pretty nice. Needs a bit of boost in the midrange overall very balanced. Now to find another one, or build.

Only $69 in mahogany.

Where????? Oh yeah! I have an old Alied Radio catalog from 1963. i wish I could still order from it. Sorry, missed the EDIT function and didn't wait for the pic to load. I was overcome with excitement for a moment.

Thanks. I have been looking at the Patrician info I find as well. Interesting stuff. Would be really cool to read some some of the possible documentation on the colaberation between the two companies. This little aristocrat sounds pretty nice. Needs a bit of boost in the midrange overall very balanced. Now to find another one, or build.

Does your Aristocrat have the 3-way system with separate woofer, mid-range and tweeter? If it does, which drivers and crossovers does it have?

The Aristocrat is a great speaker cabinet if loaded with the proper drivers. It needs to be placed in a corner like a Patrician IV or a Georgian though if you want the best bass.

Where are you located because I have a pair I will be selling soon but I really don't want to ship them.

EVGuy, my cabinet has the PS12 woofer, T35 tweeter and X36 crossover. I have been listening to it all afternoon/evening on my MAC 1900. It is truely amazing sounding. I'd be interested in the set you have when you decide to sell them. I'm in North Carolina but may be able to arrange a Pony Express of sorts. I don't have a problem paying for the great lengths one might have to go through to make something like this ready to ship. It would probably be less than gas would be for me to drive and get them. Let me know when and what you decide to do. You can find me on Audiokarma.org on a daily basis. Have a good evening.

EVGuy, my cabinet has the PS12 woofer, T35 tweeter and X36 crossover. I have been listening to it all afternoon/evening on my MAC 1900. It is truely amazing sounding. I'd be interested in the set you have when you decide to sell them. I'm in North Carolina but may be able to arrange a Pony Express of sorts. I don't have a problem paying for the great lengths one might have to go through to make something like this ready to ship. It would probably be less than gas would be for me to drive and get them. Let me know when and what you decide to do. You can find me on Audiokarma.org on a daily basis. Have a good evening.

That's an excellent start! The SP12 is a full range speaker used in the two way systems like you have. Go all the way now and add a T25A mid-range driver with 8HD horn and an X8 crossover and you'll find that missing mid-range you mentioned earlier. [:)] What finish is yours and was it factory built or a kit? My pair are Mahogany and my father has a single mahogany that I might be able to convince him to part with.

The Aristocrat bears only a passing resemblance to the Shorthorn or the Rebel-it's a lot more complicated design.. Advertising of the time claims it was a Klipsch design, and it might have been, although PWK included it on his list of "Great Major Breakthroughs."

It's a nice cabinet and was in the EV line for years. I've often wondered how Heresy components would sound in one.

for those that do not have a copy of "Great Major Breakthroughs.", it was a brochure that basiclly time lined other vendors design changes.