An Unfinished Life

oldbuckster

Here is a movie that I didn't expect much from and was pleasantly surprised. In this spring of remakes, and special effects, comes a touching movie of human conflicts. Robert Redford, Jennifer Lopez, Josh Lucas, and one of my personal favorites Morgan Freeman. Set in the ranchlands of Wyoming, Einer Gilkyson (Redford) lives with his trusted friend, Mitch Bradley (Freeman), who had been malled by a bear. Out of the clear blue sky, his dead son's wife appears with a granddaughter Einer has never known, broke and desperate, they need a place to stay.Tensions build, accusations are made, and slowly the way is open for a connection between granddaughter, and grandfather, and before long forgiveness creeps in. I am not a big Reford fan, but this role fits him well, and is quite believable, and he plays well off Morgan Freeman. Really, this is a good cast from top to bottom. A wonderful landscape, some good acting, a good story ,that will hold your attention, worth your time to watch. When you get bored with remakes, and special effects, and smash and boom movies, give this little gem a try, you won't be sorry.

• Moderators

I liked this movie. I'm no fan of J.Lo, but she was surprisingly good. It was nice seeing Redford in a different light--unlikable for the most part. Downight mean at times.

I could've done without the whole bear melodrama sub-story, however. That was pretty hokey. Otherwise, good film. Very nice scenery.