back center speaker

Hey Everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my 6.1 system, and I wanted to hear from the board on this. For the back center, would there be any advantage for using a surround speaker instead of using a center. As in using a RS-35 or 7 in place of RC-10 or so on. What the speaker may be, I'm looking at getting a Reference model.

Thank you

You can use any speaker design for a back speaker to good

effect. I happen to have two standard wallmounted speakers

in the back.

The advantage of the RS series is that it disperses sound into a broad

area. Room layout and personal preference will dictate which you think

will work best for your situation. Anything from the RB, or RS

lines will work fine as back speakers. Good luck, and happy listening.

The room is a cathedral ceiling. I have my setup with my rights (front right, and surround right) on the wall where the ceiling starts to incline. The lefts (front and surround lefts) are on the dividing wall that is underneath the peak of the ceiling. This dividing wall separates the kitchen from the living room. Just so you all know, my system includes:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Quintet II's for fronts (L/R), surrounds (L/R) Quintet II center for back center. RC-35 front center, and sony sawm500 for sub.

Basically I'm looking at going all reference line. I feel I should stick to the 35 series, and so I hope my dealer (where I purchased RC-35) still has the 35's in. For the back center, I'm not sure whether to go with RS-35 or a RC-10. I have a self on the wall, and I'm afraid anything bigger would rip the shelf down. Don't really want to remove the shelf to put in a new one for this is a rental house, and they don't want all the holes made, and filled all over.

For the sub, I'm going for a RT-12d when it is available, but for now, this is what I'm deciding on.

My receiver is an Onkyo TX-SR601 - 85 watts per channel.