Where are all the klipsch Type A /AA caps?

Guest " "

With all the DIY cap replacements going on for the sake of improving high resolution and detail, was wondering what the DIY upgraders are doing with the old caps? I'm looking for the 13uf capcitor used on the Type A/AA primarily, but will consider any others.

I have a few websites that sell 14uf pretty cheap, but I figured before going that route i would check with you folks to see what you have that you want to clear out.

I have about 10 sets of Type E xovers that i want to modify to Type A/AA. All that is needed is a 13uf capacitor, an inductor that is pretty easy to get, and some re-wiring.

Send me a PM if you have xover parts you want to clear out.

You can't use the old cans. The dielectric is either completely broken down or well on its way. Most have been replacing their networks out of necessity. As far as I'm concerned, you can use 12's, which puts the high-pass at 450Hz. It's how I run mine and it sounds great. If you have to have 13's, parallel up some 7uF and 6uF capacitors of your choice.

If you really want some of the old 13 uF caps, I can fix you up with a few pounds of them. I can also fix you up with the inductors (new). Or, in fact, any of the parts to build the A or AA crossovers.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@centurytel.net

If you really want some of the old 13 uF caps, I can fix you up with a few pounds of them. I can also fix you up with the inductors (new). Or, in fact, any of the parts to build the A or AA crossovers. Bob Crites

I can use 20, 13uf caps. undented, not rusty brown.

I have 10 pairs of type E xovers, so all I need is the 13uf cap, and the shunt inductor used for the tweeter circut.(.245uh) to make them type A.

don't think anyone will have the .245uh inductors laying around.

post-22082-13819298557312_thumb.jpg

Al will get over it.

I have just been sitting here pondering the idea of digging through that nasty oily pile of bad caps I have trying to find 20 13 uF that meet the "undented, not rusty brown" criteria.

Bob

Dean,

I guess I have several hundred (a thousand perhaps) old caps from crossover rebuilds. Actually, the 13 uF usually reads considerably better than the 2 uF caps. Most of the 13s read around .3 ohms ESR where the 2 uFs are close to 1 ohm. They are however much more likely to be leaking oil than the smaller caps.

I should just put sets of them on eBay to see who would buy them. I have the sales pitch all figured out. "Tired of hearing that tweeter? I have got just the thing to mellow it out".

Bob Crites

Al will get over it.

I have just been sitting here pondering the idea of digging through that nasty oily pile of bad caps I have trying to find 20 13 uF that meet the "undented, not rusty brown" criteria.

Bob

Found a site that sells new ones for $8.60 each. just order 20 so I don't have to worry about dented and rusty ones.

As far as what you can sell on ebay....put together Type E to Type A upgrade kits and see how they sell. no that may not be a good idea...it may take away from A/AA network sales.