Derek Trucks to tour with Eric Clapton

Still no answer; Is Derek Trucks playing with EC as a member of Clapton's Band, or, Is the Derek Trucks Band the opening act on tour with Clapton? I didn't think the article that was posted was very clear on that fact.

The link attached explained it, basically Clapton asked Derek to sign on to his band. Derek did work on a yet to be released Clapton album in 2005. In Europe Robert Cray's band has been opening for EC. I got tickets for Philly. No idea who will open for him in the US.

Still no answer; Is Derek Trucks playing with EC as a member of Clapton's Band, or, Is the Derek Trucks Band the opening act on tour with Clapton? I didn't think the article that was posted was very clear on that fact.

The link attached explained it, basically Clapton asked Derek to sign on to his band. Derek did work on a yet to be released Clapton album in 2005. In Europe Robert Cray's band has been opening for EC. I got tickets for Philly. No idea who will open for him in the US.

EC and Robert Cray what a package that is. Robert Cray is so underrated,so sweet, imagine the two of them together on stage, playing some fine blues riffs,Have you ever loved a woman, comes to mind!!!!!

I better learn how to read, I didn't think that article was very clear on Derek, but I understood Eric's Band, and that is one fine line-up, top to bottom, and it's been what 15, 20 years since Eric changed bands, fresh blood. Enjoy the Philly show, this is probably a dumb question, Have you seen Eric before?

I saw Robert Cray open for EC probably 20 years ago here in Indy. I think that might have been when Phil Collins was sitting in on drums as well. I vividly recall Cray getting on stage with the EC band for the evening's last few numbers- just mesmerising!

Michael

EC and Robert Cray what a package that is. Robert Cray is so underrated,so sweet, imagine the two of them together on stage, playing some fine blues riffs,Have you ever loved a woman, comes to mind!!!!!

I better learn how to read, I didn't think that article was very clear on Derek, but I understood Eric's Band, and that is one fine line-up, top to bottom, and it's been what 15, 20 years since Eric changed bands, fresh blood. Enjoy the Philly show, this is probably a dumb question, Have you seen Eric before?

Yes, as you can tell I am not a big fan. Glad you got the CDs. This weekend the weather should be nice in the Northeast so you can finally take the 911 out, but its gonna be hot in and around Philly, my guess is low 80s and sunny in upstate NY.

post-16829-13819300648972_thumb.jpg

That right now, in my opinion, should be the finest band Eric has assembled, really. Nathan East, Greg Phillinganes, and Steve Ferrone have served Eric well, other musicians come and go, but this core group has stayed for quite awhile.I hope they have a date close to me, at first I wasn't interested, but with that band, I'm interested.

Had the 911 out yesterday, that is a speeding ticket waiting to happen, god damn bullet......

Going to see Derek Trucks Band open up for The Allman Brothers in downtown Indy tonight. It's about 80 degrees and breezy here this afternoon, going to be a beautiful night to hear that southern fried rock wafting across the lawn at the White River Gardens Amphitheatre this evening.

Review to follow!

See- I'm going out to listen to some live music- just as I promised!

Michael